Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TinyUmbrella Updated with Support for new iPads and iOS 6.0.1

Thanks

Default TinyUmbrella Updated with Support for new iPads and iOS 6.0.1

The SHSH-blob saver utility, TinyUmbrella, recently received an update. The developer behind the software, Notcom, added support to the utility for the newly-released iOS 6.0.1 firmware. Not only that but he also added support for both the fourth-generation iPad and the iPad mini.

Notcom wrote the following on the TinyUmbrella blog:

I've updated TU to support iOS 6 and 6.0.1. The new iPad mini and iPad 4 are also supported as well as the new iphone 4 stealth revision.

Sorry for the delay folks. Im still working on some pretty dang well needed changes to TU. The wait will be worth it
    Apple has apparently stopped signing iOS 6 so for those of you who wanted to save your blobs for iOS 6, unfortunately you wont be able to anymore. It is still recommended that users have SHSH backups for all devices and iOS versions possible though, so make sure to grab the utility and save your iOS 6.0.1 blobs just in case.

Source: TinyUmbrella (blog), Thanks for sending in the tip Chris!

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Odd it doesn't save the 6.0.1 for my iPhone 4Ss but does for my iPad.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    My iPad and 4S have the same 10A523 firmware backed up. For iPad it says it is 6.0.1 and for iPhone it says 6.0. I also somehow managed to miss the real 6.0 for both devices. Does Cydia not save them anymore?

So for those who haven't bothered to even update to iOS 6 yet? if we do now there is no chance of saving blobs?

Anybody know what the "iPhone 4 stealth revision" is?

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by decoy88 View Post
    So for those who haven't bothered to even update to iOS 6 yet? if we do now there is no chance of saving blobs?
    That is correct.
    But, you can save SHSH blobs for IOS 6.0.1 even without installing it!
    Just download Tiny Umbrella 6.0.1 and use it to save the SHSH...

Took MMi long enough to report this... It's been out for almost 30 hours. Not hating, but reporting on important jailbreaking news (the reason MMi was originally created) rather than how Siri can buy movie tickets for us in the next iOS update.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TristianLyons1022 For This Useful Post:

mustard05 (11-05-2012)

does nothing for ip 5 on 6.0
    IPhone 5s....
    First MacBook Pro 13" I7 2.8Ghz with win7
    1 rooted Thrive
    08 Chevy 2500HD LTZ
    06 Dyna Lowrider
    40ft Raptor toyhauler

Quote Originally Posted by towboattrash34 View Post
    does nothing for ip 5 on 6.0
    That's because apple isn't signing 6.0 anymore. Those of us with the ip5 all kinda got screwed because the new version of TU came out after the signing window closed, and that's the only way to save signature hashes for unjailbroken devices.

Quote Originally Posted by TristianLyons1022 View Post
    Took MMi long enough to report this... It's been out for almost 30 hours. Not hating, but reporting on important jailbreaking news (the reason MMi was originally created) rather than how Siri can buy movie tickets for us in the next iOS update.
    Yup

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TristianLyons1022 View Post
    That's because apple isn't signing 6.0 anymore. Those of us with the ip5 all kinda got screwed because the new version of TU came out after the signing window closed, and that's the only way to save signature hashes for unjailbroken devices.
    Well it didn't help that the signing window for 6.0 closed less than 12 hours after 6.0.1 released.

There used to be a 1-2 day window to saving blobs.

Besides, redsn0w could fetch blobs for non-JB iOS devices when they were available (it was even said so by dev team members) so using Tiny for blob saving purposes is starting to become moot.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    Well it didn't help that the signing window for 6.0 closed less than 12 hours after 6.0.1 released.

There used to be a 1-2 day window to saving blobs.

Besides, redsn0w could fetch blobs for non-JB iOS devices when they were available (it was even said so by dev team members) so using Tiny for blob saving purposes is starting to become moot.
    The DevTeam said to use redsn0w, the IPSW of iOS Version for your device, and your device. Plug it in go to SHSH and say New then pick the IPSW and redsn0w will grab your SHSH.
    I did this for all my devices at 6.0 but I've noticed that the newer devices only save 5 or 6 blobs vs the 19 blobs of previous devices.

Quote Originally Posted by zrevai View Post
    The DevTeam said to use redsn0w, the IPSW of iOS Version for your device, and your device. Plug it in go to SHSH and say New then pick the IPSW and redsn0w will grab your SHSH.
    I did this for all my devices at 6.0 but I've noticed that the newer devices only save 5 or 6 blobs vs the 19 blobs of previous devices.
    I like TU because I don't have to connect the device. Which helps since I have several iDevices and AppleTVs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zrevai View Post
    That's because only five or six IMG3 images (pieces of the firmware, like the kernel cache, iBoot, LLB, etc.) are uniquely signed by Apple now--this is totally normal behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    That is correct.
    But, you can save SHSH blobs for IOS 6.0.1 even without installing it!
    Just download Tiny Umbrella 6.0.1 and use it to save the SHSH...
    I'm on 5.1.1. with a 4s. never saved 6.0. I tried to save 6.0.1 and Tiny log says it can not be done.

Can anyone help? Thank you.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,547 Times in 7,108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lungs View Post
    I'm on 5.1.1. with a 4s. never saved 6.0. I tried to save 6.0.1 and Tiny log says it can not be done.

Can anyone help? Thank you.
    Make sure you have the latest tiny umbrella and make sure under advanced the box that says "request SHSH from cydia" is not checked.