Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Eats Humble Pie in U.K. Newspaper

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple Eats Humble Pie in U.K. Newspaper

Apple was forced to run what amounted to an ego-bruising advertisement in The Guardian on Friday.

Apple was compelled to take out the print ad shortly after it was walloped for the “non-compliant” apology to Samsung that Apple issued on its website. The newspaper ad, on the other hand, closely follows the directives required by the UK court of appeal.

In the 24 hours following the judgement that was passed by the UK court and its three judges – Lord Justice Longmore, Lord Justice Kitchin and Sir Robin Jacob — Apple has removed the original apology from its website, making way for it to be placed on the front page of Apple.com, something it was required to do within 48 hours.
    The simple ad pictured above was published by Apple to say that Samsung's Galaxy tablets do not represent an infringement of Apple's patents. The ad ran in 14-pt Arial font, which Apple was obligated to do per the original court ruling.

The text of this ad is expected to appear on Apple's website, although it is yet to appear as of this writing.

Source: TheNextWeb

This entire thing is just utter bullsh!t

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    This entire thing is just utter bullsh!t
    It's not utter ********. Also their so called "apology" that was on the website was taken down because the apology didn't cut it. Apple directly and deliberately did a plain breach of the order as well. Sorry but in my opinion Apple got what they deserved.

Doesn't seem like an apology to me. More like a statement of events. Wonder if the courts will be happy with that?

Quote Originally Posted by amoamare View Post
    It's not utter ********. Also their so called "apology" that was on the website was taken down because the apology didn't cut it. Apple directly and deliberately did a plain breach of the order as well. Sorry but in my opinion Apple got what they deserved.
    First off the "entire thing" I was talking about is all of the trials and lawsuits. Second off, why should they have to apologize in the first place? Because they accused Samsung and Android to have copied them? Any company would have done the same thing. That's just business.

That's hardly an apology now though is it? It isn't an advertisement either. All that is doing is confirming what the UK court has found in a complicated language most people are simply going to ignore. It's hardly a loss for Apple nor a win for Samsung IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by amoamare View Post
    No he's right, it is utter ********.

The entire thing. The patent lawsuits, all of it.

Banned
    Thanks

Apple deserve all they get. They dont advance technology by killing off the competition, they advance by making a better device than the competition but they are too stupid to know that.

If they put all the lawsuits money into R&D we would have the best smartphone ever but do we? NO. We have a faulty IOS6 and a faulty iPhone 5.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

The apology is doing nothing....this whole thing has just brought more media attention to Apple which is funny. There's no doubt Samsung ripped Apple off, more people just know about it now.....and that Samsung has a product that is not as cool as Apple's lol!

First off the "entire thing" I was talking about is all of the trials and lawsuits. Second off, why should they have to apologize in the first place? Because they accused Samsung and Android to have copied them? Any company would have done the same thing. That's just business.
    No, that's just BAD business, and Apple deserves to be smacked around a bit for it. Between this and Mexico, maybe they'll finally cut the crap and get back to making Apple products better.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Apple deserve all they get. They dont advance technology by killing off the competition, they advance by making a better device than the competition but they are too stupid to know that.

If they put all the lawsuits money into R&D we would have the best smartphone ever but do we? NO. We have a faulty IOS6 and a faulty iPhone 5.
    Go away faerie. No one gives a crap what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    The apology is doing nothing....this whole thing has just brought more media attention to Apple which is funny. There's no doubt Samsung ripped Apple off, more people just know about it now.....and that Samsung has a product that is not as cool as Apple's lol!
    I like how you believe your opinion is fact. [/sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    But it is fact

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

It seems that you are unaware what Apple was asked to apologize for. It was not the fact that the lawsuit existed. It was the fact that they posted quotes from the courtroom stating that the galaxy tab was "less cool" than the iPad, and therefore there should be no infringement, out of context. It made Apple look childish, and the court look bad.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Apple does indeed need to get back to making good "NEW" products. It is INEXCUSABLE that Apple has allowed a Windows-based tablet/laptop combo (touch screen) to beat them to the market.

If Steve were still at the helm that would have never happened. 2 years ago I was saying the next 'new product' was a laptop/tablet hybrid. Bingo - Microsoft beat Apple to the market on that one. Tragic.

What makes Apple #1 is a combo of 3 things:
    1)Innovation
    2)Coolest looking
    3)1st to the market

Without those 3 always together Apple will eventually go the way it did in the mid 90's. Before Steve came back.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 11-03-2012 at 03:15 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

The following is a dramatic re-enactment of every Apple vs. Samsung argument on this site. Ever.

Drone 1: SHUT UP STUPIDFACE! A VELOCIRAPTOR WOULD TOTALLY KILL A T REX!
    Drone 2: NUH-UH FARTBRAIN! THE T REX IS WAY COOLER!

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post

You're stupid.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    -24189460.jpg..........so thank you for agreeing with me

Their humble pie might just get a little more humble when the judge is informed of their latest shenanigans. They've replaced the not-quite-an-apology with the below statement on the apple.co.uk site, however, they've also added javascript to automatically resize the iPad Mini image to make the page above the statement fill up your browser window so that you can't see the notice without scrolling. The only way to see it without scrolling is to have a viewable area taller than 1556 pixels.

Statement:

On 25 October 2012, Apple Inc. published a statement on its UK website in relation to Samsung's Galaxy tablet computers. That statement was inaccurate and did not comply with the order of the Court of Appeal of England and Wales. The correct statement is at Samsung/Apple UK judgement.
    How unbelievably stupid. Had they just complied with the order in the first place, by now all the brainwashed Apple fanboys would have forgotten about it. Instead, by willfully choosing to further piss off an already agitated judge, they are ensuring that this entire debacle will be long remembered. I can't imagine Jobs going this far with something so obviously detrimental.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

We can add Mexico to the list of countries that Apple has lost their battle with Samsung. U.S. (more specifically, California) still remains the only jurisdiction that has sided with Apple. Common sense continues to prevail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast