+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple: iTunes 11 Has Been Delayed Until End of November

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 763 Posts

Default Apple: iTunes 11 Has Been Delayed Until End of November

In September, Apple revealed that iTunes 11 would be coming to the public at the end of October, offering a brand new look and interface that would be faster and more appealing to the eyes.

While many of us have been patiently waiting for Apple to launch this update now that it’s currently the end of October, bad news arises, as iTunes 11 unfortunately won’t be coming until the end of November according to a report by CNET. An Apple Spokesperson is quoted replying to the question of when we will be seeing iTunes 11:

Quote Originally Posted by Apple
    The new iTunes is taking longer than expected and we wanted to take a little extra time to get it right. We look forward to releasing this new version of iTunes with its dramatically simpler and cleaner interface, and seamless integration with iCloud before the end of November.
    The Spokesperson explains that Apple is working hard to “get it right” before releasing iTunes 11. This is probably a good thing, as ensuring that the update is as solid as possible will help keep Apple from releasing another Apple Maps scenario. iTunes 11 is expected to also bring tighter iCloud integration, which will mean some cool new features for iTunes users.

iTunes 11 will be available as a free software update for Mac and Windows users and will be offered as a download from Apple’s Web site when released. We will have more on the subject as more information surfaces.

Sources: CNET

Thanks

Boo!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Boo!
    No not "Boo" I don't know about you but I do not want another Apple maps fiasco. Take all the time in the world Apple and at least then you might get it right

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Some silly programmer got iTunes to run smoothly and now they need to reprogram it to bring any machine it runs on to a crawl

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    Some silly programmer got iTunes to run smoothly and now they need to reprogram it to bring any machine it runs on to a crawl
    It probably works fine on OSX they are still probably trying to stop the blue screen of death on their windows machines though...

My iPhone is a Part of Me dwizurd's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess this is good, but pretty lame to wait until the 30th to break this unfortunate news to those of us looking forward to an iTunes update.
    Noobus Majorus thanks are welcome <---

Thanks

Its taking time to sign new contracts with music companies for there new streaming service.

*T*
    Thanks

What the duck! Apple is a giant company. They should have had this damn release finished and packaged with a ribbon on the box before the product event. This should not be happening.

Thanks

Wow.... Well, at least they're straight forward and say they need more time to make it right instead of leaving everyone in the dark with a crappy iTunes update.

So far, this is not making me look forward to buying Apple products if everything Apple is getting worse and worse in quality control and lack of innovation

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spazturtle View Post
    Its taking time to sign new contracts with music companies for there new streaming service.
    More like time together it to work under Windows "wait".
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    What the duck! Apple is a giant company. They should have had this damn release finished and packaged with a ribbon on the box before the product event. This should not be happening.
    yeah thats how life works. The more money = better quality NOT. Please get real..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,013 Times in 915 Posts

I didn't realize people actually waited to see what iTunes updates will bring! In fact, I only update it so I can sync my phones!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I didn't realize people actually waited to see what iTunes updates will bring! In fact, I only update it so I can sync my phones!!!
    That used to be the case. A tool for syncing your devices and that's it because well how do I put this politely? Put it quite simply I can't! The current iteration of iTunes is c**p and there's no other word for it. At the moment iTunes is a tool, a tool and nothing but a tool. There's no heart or soul and the smallest amount of innovation. It does not reflect an Apple product. That is exactly why people are looking forward to updating their iTunes...

Thanks

I just hope it has better playlist recovery and network compatibility. Hate that I store my playlist data on the network and god forbid that itunes starts and its not reachable. Insta clears the entire damn library/playlists etc with no easy way of getting it all back.

Thanks

An off topic question that just popped into my mind, if Apple is updating iTunes for Windows what ever happened to Safari on Windows? I still have it but don't remember seeing any updates and it is no longer on their website. Is it officially dead now or what?

Thanks

I was so disappointed when I learned this news today, but I can totally understand making sure the product is right before release.