+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft: Apple is a "Low-Volume" Player

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by thazsar Facts are facts: OSX is low-volume compared to Windows. It also costs 2-4 times as much for OSX. You pay for what you get.... In 3-5
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Facts are facts:
    OSX is low-volume compared to Windows. It also costs 2-4 times as much for OSX. You pay for what you get....

In 3-5 yrs, OSX and its complimentary hardware will be running like a champ. Hardware w/ Windows will be obsolete and at the end of its life.

I used to go the cheaper, Windows route till I got tired of wasting my money and my time on computers that I knew were gonna suck in a few years.
    If you spent the same amount of money on a computer running Windows that you would on an Mac, your computer would be just as good and more likely, better than the Mac.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 778 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    If you spent the same amount of money on a computer running Windows that you would on an Mac, your computer would be just as good and more likely, better than the Mac.
    Nope! 'Spec' wise you are correct but functionality still degrades faster than a Mac. Plain & simple....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Modding life View Post

lol
    Um....you just quoted and laughed at yourself.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The only reason Microsoft has sold so many copies of Windows 8 Upgrades is because they have made them so cheap. I wonder what will happen when the prices return to normal with the elimination of the $40 downloads the $14.99 upgrades for recently purchased PCs next year?

Also, how many people have purchased Windows 8 vs how many have installed it vs. how many are using it on a daily basis?

How many Windows 8 purchases are being used on Macs for the not so daily tasks that may require windows?

How many NEW windows PCs are being sold each day vs. how many NEW macs?

If we look at all of these numbers, I think we would see that Microsoft is actually struggling to hold on right now and I think that they will ultimately fail.

Thanks

Ok.. Apple is "low volume". But they still got a fortune in the bank and are worth more than Microsoft. They might not have high market share, but they sure are doing something right!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Italia411 View Post
    Because Bugatti owns less then 1% of the market share. Please do tell me how this has anything to do with market share? I was making a comparison to BMW owning about the same amount in their market as Mac does in theirs. The rest of the market in PC's would respectfully be windows which = Kia, Hyundai and Toyota in the automotive market. But I guess it's always nice to dream.
    One word. Linux.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Green Apple
    Thanks

What MS does not say, is that a big number of these sales are OEM licences sold with new hardware to companies, who will probably use Windows Seven or XP on the hardware.

Thanks

If we compared apples to apples, we just need to say, "Apple has sold more devices which run it's OS than Microsoft has -- ever."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    If we compared apples to apples, we just need to say, "Apple has sold more devices which run it's OS than Microsoft has -- ever."
    Or if we want to compare apples to apples, we just need to say, "Microsoft has sold more copies of it's OS than Apple has -- ever."

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12