+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display Makes PC Magazine's Editor's Choice List

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display Makes PC Magazine's Editor's Choice List

The folks over at PC Magazine have singled out Apple’s new 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display as their Editor’s Choice for a high-end ultra-portable laptop. The publications review states that “if you absolutely must have a display with greater than HD resolution and you need to take that show on the road, you want this laptop.”

Despite the high praise that was given to the 13 Retina MacBook Pro, it was noted that the laptop is very pricey and requires Retina-optimized apps for the best user experience. Overall, this isn't much of a surprise though because the 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display was given similar reviews, so it was expected for the 13-inch iteration to have similar pros and cons.

For those of you who are interested in the 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display, paying a price of $1699.00 (the starting price) will allow you to sport than 4 million pixels, flash-based storage, and a weight of 3.57 pounds. The new model also has two Thunderbolt ports, two USB 3.0 ports, and an HDMI output so you can display your work on an HDTV. One thing that the new iteration lacks is an optical drive but the Cupertino California company is in the process of eliminating the drives from all their new hardware. If having an optical drive is really that essential to you, Apple does offer an external SuperDrive for $79.00 which is sold separately.

Are any of you going to be purchasing the 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display in the near future?

Source: PC Magazine

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Me

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

I gave my 13 to my wife and bought the 15 inch retina. That 13 is to small.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

May be gitting one fingers crossed

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    I hope you get it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Are we sharing?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

not me for sure. I'm going for the 15inch... 2-3 months down the line. I still have my 2008 macbook pro. Works like a charm still.

Thanks

13 inch is way too small. and 15.6 is just about ok. Is it just me that doesn't get all the hype about retina display and pixel this. I like high quality picture but sometimes people take it too far. If I can see it clearly and can tell whats going on I'm happy