+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phil Schiller Boasts About Mac's Bravado

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by mustard05 Not possible! You may not have had the blue screen, or a virus, but there is no way you have been running windows for that long
    iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    Not possible! You may not have had the blue screen, or a virus, but there is no way you have been running windows for that long without issues.
    I have and never had any major issues. Had more issues with my Mac than with my pc

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've been a long time windows and mac user. In the 5 years running both side by side, i. That time The mac has been reset no more than 10 times as for the PC on average twice a week both machines are running 24/7.

My MacBook Pro has since died and I sold it on eBay for 175 as spares, if that was my PC it would end up in the trash.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    Sorry, but I am going to have to disagree with Phil...
    On Apple.com today, the least expensive Mac PRO is $2499!
    I can build a PC WITH INTEL I 7 that will wipe that Mac's butt for under $1000.
    NOT really comparing Apples to Apples. BUILDING a machine is WAY different than buying one already built. COMPARE an already built machine with the same stats and quality components from a major manufacturer with the same warrantees. THEN you have a fair comparison!

I use both OSX on a mac mini and Macbook pro almost daily. i also use Windows daily. I have no problems with win 7 never had a bsod myself or a virus. My kids have had several/many. Its all how the machine is used. My Mac mini locks up occasionally but rarely. My sons Macbook pro heats up and occasionally locks up. I like both os fairly equally. I REALLY like the trackpad functionality of the MAc much better and wish the Windows machine had those features. The Macs fit and finish are truly unparalleled! The way my iphone, ipad and Mac synchronise with each other seamlessly is extremely beneficial. I know the Win machine can do this stuff but it requires tweaking and input. Hopefully with the new win 8, phones and MS tablets they will have more of this!
    Last edited by Dranon; 10-27-2012 at 05:34 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

Not possible! You may not have had the blue screen, or a virus, but there is no way you have been running windows for that long without issues.
    I had issue with windows when I was
    Younger Like windows Vista after they fixed vista for 7 I've never had issue... My personal built pc with W7 hasn't had any issues since I built it? I had a few virus attempts but all quarintined ...

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BhadKarma View Post
    I had issue with windows when I was
    Younger Like windows Vista after they fixed vista for 7 I've never had issue... My personal built pc with W7 hasn't had any issues since I built it? I had a few virus attempts but all quarintined ...
    We aren't talking about custom built PC's. We are talking about Pre-built PC's.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Maybe you can, but having owned several PC's over the years myself, I would rather pay the premium for a MPB. The performance and reliability I have had from the MacBooks pros I own is well worth the price. And, when my MBP is still kicking it 5 years from now, and the resale value is still at least 50% of what I paid, your $1000 POS will be worth 50 bucks on Craigslist, and chances are you have already spend another "X" amount of dollars on another machine that as you say "comes with everything it needs." Sometimes it's just a smart idea to pay a premium. Unfortunately not every realizes that. My mentality is spend the money once and get it right the first time because spending the money twice is just ridiculous.
    I've had almost no problems with my $850 computer that was definitely better that the Macbook Pro. It's not some POS computer, it's a very well built machine that outperformed the Macbook Pro in almost every category. Four years later, it will still be worth a good $400 to $500 dollars.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    I've had almost no problems with my $850 computer that was definitely better that the Macbook Pro. It's not some POS computer, it's a very well built machine that outperformed the Macbook Pro in almost every category. Four years later, it will still be worth a good $400 to $500 dollars.
    What computer is it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What computer is it?
    The Asus G53SW-Xn1. I got it new on Amazon for $850 around this time last year and compared it to the Macbook Pro model at that time and it was better or equal than it in almost every way. They also all come with a free 2 year warranty plus a 1 year accidental damage warranty all straight from the manufacturer.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Bursting Your Apple
    Sorry to burst your Apple, Dranon; but I can buy a prebuilt HP with Windows 8 and intel I7 for under $1085! (See Below)
    Right from the HP Website!
    Your ENVY h8-1420t series
    Add Accessories Operating system Windows 8 Pro 64
    Processor 3rd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 quad-core processor [3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
    Memory 8GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [2 DIMMs]
    Hard drive 2TB 7200 rpm SATA 1st hard drive plus Express Caching HP 16GB Disk Cache SSD
    Graphics card 1GB AMD Radeon HD 7570 [DVI, HDMI, DP, VGA adapter]
    Power Supply 300W
    Primary optical drive SuperMulti DVD Burner
    Networking Wireless-N LAN card
    Productivity ports 15-in-1 memory card reader, 4 USB 2.0 (front), 2 USB 3.0 (top)
    Security software Norton Internet Security(TM) 2013 - 15 month
    Sound Card Beats Audio (tm) -- integrated studio quality sound
    Keyboard and Mouse HP USB volume control keyboard and mouse with Win 8 keyboard

Your running Total: $1,084.99*

*T*
    Thanks

Sorry, but I am going to have to disagree with Phil...
    On Apple.com today, the least expensive Mac PRO is $2499!
    I can build a PC WITH INTEL I 7 that will wipe that Mac's butt for under $1000.
    The cheapest Mac Pro has twice as many cores as Intel i7...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moribo View Post
    Yeah until you install Windows lol
    Ever heard of hackintoshing...

Sorry to burst your Apple, Dranon; but I can buy a prebuilt HP with Windows 8 and intel I7 for under $1085! (See Below)
    Right from the HP Website!
    Your ENVY h8-1420t series
    Add Accessories Operating system Windows 8 Pro 64
    Processor 3rd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 quad-core processor [3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
    Memory 8GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [2 DIMMs]
    Hard drive 2TB 7200 rpm SATA 1st hard drive plus Express Caching HP 16GB Disk Cache SSD
    Graphics card 1GB AMD Radeon HD 7570 [DVI, HDMI, DP, VGA adapter]
    Power Supply 300W
    Primary optical drive SuperMulti DVD Burner
    Networking Wireless-N LAN card
    Productivity ports 15-in-1 memory card reader, 4 USB 2.0 (front), 2 USB 3.0 (top)
    Security software Norton Internet Security(TM) 2013 - 15 month
    Sound Card Beats Audio (tm) -- integrated studio quality sound
    Keyboard and Mouse HP USB volume control keyboard and mouse with Win 8 keyboard

Your running Total: $1,084.99*
    I'm going to stop you right there where it says security software and play the Macs don't get virus's card :P
    Last edited by aidanharris; 10-27-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

My MacBook Pro has had several Grey Screens of Death. My custom built PC has had none. And without running any resource hogging anti-virus.
    At least when Windows crashes it actually can inform you of what caused the issue. When a Mac crashes it just gives you a nicely styled screen that says you need to reboot - no information about the issue.

I can understand paying the Apple Tax for iMac and its all-in-one design. I can understand paying the Apple Tax for their laptops for the build quality and portability. But the massive Apple Tax on the MacPro is ridiculous and unjustifiable to be honest.
    Last edited by feidhlim1986; 10-28-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Thanks

Releasing entirely new operating system with a redesigned GUI tailored for touch screen desktop computers?
    Releasing the first tablet with a full operating system that can completely replace the need for a laptop?

Afraid to take risks? c'mon! I'm talking about Windows 8 btw lol

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12