+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sources: Apple Planning Online Radio Service for 2013

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Sources: Apple Planning Online Radio Service for 2013

Look out Pandora. 2013 may bring with it a new venture from Apple. If sources close to the rumored project are correct, Apple is currently in talks with the top music labels negotiating a deal that would allow Apple to launch its own dedicated digital radio service as soon as early 2013.

The service, which would be advertising-supported, has been rumored for months. But according to a new report published Thursday by Bloomberg, the launch of this planned service could come much sooner than most originally expected.

Talks are centered in part around how to share ad revenue and a deal could be reached by mid-November, with Apple starting a service within the first three months of 2013, said the people, who asked not to be named because discussions are still in progress.
    Since the start of fall, executives from the likes of Universal Music Group, Warner Music Group, and Sony Corp.’s music division have all met with Apple executives in Cupertino. Apple, which is already the the world’s biggest music retailer, purportedly wants listeners "to be able to buy tracks as music streams or revisit what they’ve heard in auto-generated playlists."

Source: Bloomberg

Thanks

Gnarly i cant wait!!!

Thanks
    Nice. Why don't they just make a Apple 24/7 online radion with geeks, techs etc. That would be so cool.

www.trueiphoneunlocking.com

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Nice!!
    I'd love to see this coming soon!
    I like to listen to radio

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Isn't the term "online radio" kinda silly? It's not radio afterall, either in technical terms or functionality.
    A radio station plays music based on what the DJ decides, mostly. This would be unlimited music streaming.
    Yeah nitpicking I know :-)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Isn't the term "online radio" kinda silly? It's not radio afterall, either in technical terms or functionality.
    A radio station plays music based on what the DJ decides, mostly. This would be unlimited music streaming.
    Yeah nitpicking I know :-)
    I believe it's called radio because of the type of frequency it uses.

So yes calling it radio is not technically right. But same concept, but you are the Dj