Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Nabs Beatles' Granny Smith Trademark

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Apple Nabs Beatles' Granny Smith Trademark

Chalk up another trademark victory for Apple.

According to published reports Thursday, Apple has become the legal owner of the well-known logo for Apple Corps, which - if you're not familiar - is the holding company/owner of the record company for a little band that you may have heard of. I'm referring, of course, to the Beatles.

On 5 February 2007, Apple Inc. and Apple Corps announced a settlement of their trademark dispute under which Apple Inc. would own all of the trademarks related to "Apple" and would license certain of those trademarks back to Apple Corps for their continued use.
    Following several unsuccessful attempts by third parties to intervene in the settlement, Patently Apple now confirms that on October 24, 2012 the Canadian IP Office finally admitted that the Beatles recording label logo is now a registered trademark of the Cupertino, California-based tech giant.

"We love the Beatles," late Apple chief Steve Jobs said back in 2007. "and it has been painful being at odds with them over these trademarks. It feels great to resolve this in a positive manner, and in a way that should remove the potential of further disagreements in the future."

Source: Patently Apple

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

This is a stupid dispute.
    Apple should be happy they are associated to the Beatles and should have left it alone.

Thanks

An Apple a day..:]

am i missing something here? what does a tech giant have to do with a band and a recording label. they dont even look the same. obviously i am missing some key components here....

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by repoman16 View Post
    am i missing something here? what does a tech giant have to do with a band and a recording label. they dont even look the same. obviously i am missing some key components here....
    Apple just want every trademark that associates with Apple, wonder when it will go after Gerber for putting out apple sauce baby food...

How long until we're eating "The Fruit Formerly Know as Apple"? I wonder what it will be renamed to?

100% bs right there

Just more of Apple trying to own everything and everyone they can. When I see the Beatles Apple Logo I instantly think Beatles. I will NEVER associate it with Apple computers.
    What came first? The Beatles Apple Corps, or Apple computer? I rest my case...

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    This is a stupid dispute.
    Apple should be happy they are associated to the Beatles and should have left it alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Apple just want every trademark that associates with Apple, wonder when it will go after Gerber for putting out apple sauce baby food...
    Quote Originally Posted by Checksum47 View Post
    Just more of Apple trying to own everything and everyone they can. When I see the Beatles Apple Logo I instantly think Beatles. I will NEVER associate it with Apple computers.
    What came first? The Beatles Apple Corps, or Apple computer? I rest my case...
    You fools realize that every instance of litigation in this dispute originated on Apple Corps.' (the Beatles) side of things? Apple has always been the defendant. The last settlement resulted in Apple owning all rights and images (for a settlement) and then licensing them back to Apple Corps. You'll never see an Apple Corps. logo on an Apple Inc. product. Apple just gained the rights to stop all the litigation from Apple Corps.

The Beatles suck, btw.
    Last edited by claustin; 10-25-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Whats next maybe AIR,FOOD, MEDICINE,and to even think that apple could get control this.
    Makes me think that letting corps. start throwing there power around isn't going to help make the
    World a better place,this is just sad,, MONEY,apple wants it and will take at any cost.
    Use pic of apple get your *** sued!