+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases New 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro Ad: "Colors"

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Releases New 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro Ad: "Colors"

Apple recently posted a commercial for the recently announced 13-inch MacBook pro with Retina display to the company’s YouTube page. The ad highlights the laptop’s power and accessibility in the usual elegant style Apple usually sticks to.

Apple’s new TV spot, titled “Colors,” is visually similar to the commercial for the 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro, which focused on the laptop’s high-resolution screen. One thing that makes the ad different from the others is the black background found in this commercial, which leads into a panning shot that reveals the 13-inch Retina display. The black makes the colors on the MacBook’s display look more vibrant when being starkly contrasted around the surrounding darkness.

The commercial continues on with time-lapse videography which is used to portray a flurry of activity on the screen. This creates an almost ghostly effect on the hands flying across the keyboard with professional-level programs being highlighted (such as Aperture and Final Cut Pro). The narration is concise and delivered with a reserved tone as opposed to Apple’s new iPhone 5 commercials which seem to be more playful.

For those of you who are interested in watching the video, you can do so below:

The Cupertino California company seems to be trying its hardest as it continues to try and differentiate its growing product lines. The addition of the 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display calls for a total of eight different MacBook pro configurations to choose from on the Apple Online Store.

What did you think of the ad? Will you be buying a 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro?

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Definitely buying when budget available

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, Apples ads all look the same now. The same commercials over and over again. We are watching this company set them selves up for failure in the future. By that I mean these recycled commercials are starting to make Apple look, boring!
    Last edited by mustard05; 10-25-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Thanks

^^ What a silly comment. Since I don't own a TV, I haven't seen an Apple ad in years, so they have zero influence on my purchasing decisions, just as the ads bear no relation to the quality of the product.
    Quaerite et invenietis.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This. With a Thunderbolt display.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    ^^ What a silly comment. Since I don't own a TV, I haven't seen an Apple ad in years, so they have zero influence on my purchasing decisions, just as the ads bear no relation to the quality of the product.
    +1

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    Wow, Apples ads all look the same now. The same commercials over and over again. We are watching this company set them selves up for failure in the future. By that I mean these recycled commercials are starting to make Apple look, boring!
    Your right it is silly and repetitive to watch Samsung bash apple about the same old people in line.

Apples commercials don't really use talking they let the devices speak for themselves, and apple isn't acting childish.

Thanks

It might just be me but i dont plan to spend 500$ more just for retina display when i can get the normal just as powerful macbook pro.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    This is basic marketing. Its not a silly comment....its true. I can cite several marketing text books if you like. These reused commercials say nothing new. Yes it is a new product, but is it really? If I was watching TV with the sound muted I wouldn't of even known it is a new product. When they first ran this commercial a few years ago with the Macbook Air, it was fresh and new. It really highlighted the product .

What other company takes the same commercial but changes the product? I have never seen BMW remake the commercial for their 2012 model and use it for their 2013. Who does that?

Also, the fact that you don't have a TV is awesome. You fall into a very small percentage of consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Your right it is silly and repetitive to watch Samsung bash apple about the same old people in line.

Apples commercials don't really use talking they let the devices speak for themselves, and apple isn't acting childish.
    That is a different type of Marketing. Samsung is on a mission to break down Apples "Wall" so to speak. And in the case of Samsung's commercial there were differences that stood out. It was also funny and proved a point...or is trying to prove a point. That perception is ultimately up to the consumer.

And....Apples commercials are pretty much just talking.
    Last edited by mustard05; 10-25-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Thanks

No TV: it's easy if you try. And yes, I do watch everything I wish to...on my iPad.
    Quaerite et invenietis.

Thanks

I dont watch TV myself. My wife watches TV and I randomly see commercials if I am paying attention. I prefer XBMC. Especially on my iPad
    Last edited by mustard05; 10-25-2012 at 12:08 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8r4life66 View Post
    It might just be me but i dont plan to spend 500$ more just for retina display when i can get the normal just as powerful macbook pro.
    +1

Thanks

I ended up purchasing the 15inch retina MBP over the standard 15 inch. It is an amazing computer. I love the quality of the machine and its screen. However, I will never do it again. Its not worth what you pay. But what its worth to me is def different for the next person.