+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Begins Sending Invites to iPad Mini Event

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
As MMi reported yesterday, Apple was busy Monday preparing invites to reach the media this week for the company's upcoming eagerly anticipated iPad mini event. This morning, the invites went
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Apple Begins Sending Invites to iPad Mini Event

As MMi reported yesterday, Apple was busy Monday preparing invites to reach the media this week for the company's upcoming eagerly anticipated iPad mini event.

This morning, the invites went public and the curtain was officially lifted on Apple's plans to hold a media event next Tuesday, October 23rd.

Although Apple did not spill the beans entirely on what the event will bring (no surprise there), the iDevice juggernaut is all but certainly going to show off a number of new products, most notably of which should be the iPad mini and its purported 7.85-inch display.

All the invite promises is that: "We've got a little more to show you," a clear suggestion that a little iPad is coming.

Nonetheless, all we know for certain is that the media event will commence promptly at 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern, next Tuesday. And MMi will bring you all the news and details from the event as they emerge.

Source: Apple

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

For the first time in a while, I have absolutely no interest in an apple item launch. I'm rather curious to see how this one plays out.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    For the first time in a while, I have absolutely no interest in an apple item launch. I'm rather curious to see how this one plays out.
    I have to agree with you on that buddy. I have no care and I will most likely not even pay any attention to the event. Footnotes will do just fine.

To the writer; I apologize for all of my negative comments in other threads about the "Event." I still don't foresee an iPad mini but I was wrong about the event.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm looking forward to the specs on this one. They haven't leaked as bad as other iDevices, so hopefully there aren't too many spoilers before the the 23rd.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

Probably nothing too important but good info none the less. I'm happy with my iPad 2 but its about time the iPad mini stands up to those other "smaller tablets".

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am planning on buying this new idevice if it has retina display.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What's surprising to me is that no one has played the name game for this unlike all other apple product launches.. is it going to be called an iPad mini, iPad nano, or something else?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

There's clearly a market for an Apple product with a form factor somewhere in between an iPod touch and the current iPad. I'm excited about the iPad Pico-Nano, which will have a form factor somewhere in between the iPad Nano and the iPod touch (with the iPad Nano having a slightly smaller form factor than the upcoming iPad mini).

The latest generation of iPod Nano proves that if you can't come up with anything revolutionary, you can still make money by reproducing the same old thing in a slightly different size :-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ensigma View Post
    What's surprising to me is that no one has played the name game for this unlike all other apple product launches.. is it going to be called an iPad mini, iPad nano, or something else?
    We have the "iPad" which some said would never be a name Apple would use... How bout "MiniPad" for the smaller one?? I'm sure Stay Free would sue tho...

*T*
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boozie View Post
    We have the "iPad" which some said would never be a name Apple would use... How bout "MiniPad" for the smaller one?? I'm sure Stay Free would sue tho...
    MiniPad sounds retarded anyway

If you look back to those old articles, Cook said in an email that Apple also had a refresh for the iMac in the works.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,019 Times in 6,925 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    I have to agree with you on that buddy. I have no care and I will most likely not even pay any attention to the event. Footnotes will do just fine.

To the writer; I apologize for all of my negative comments in other threads about the "Event." I still don't foresee an iPad mini but I was wrong about the event.
    I don't see what else it could be. It is obviously a smaller iPad. With all the leaked parts and pictures of it there is no doubt in my mind that this is what the event is for. What else could it be? They wouldn't hold an event just to show off a 13" MacBook retina.

Thanks

I plan on laughing at everyone that said that the smaller iPad wouldn't exist.

Thanks

Dear god. I hope they don't name it the "iPad mini". What a terrible name IMHO.

Thanks

Dear Apple I want a Nexus 7. I don't know why and I've never owned a single Android product in my life. If you really are making an iPad mini (perhaps to compete with the Nexus 7) please convince me to hand over my money for such a thing :P

Thanks

I hope it's retina. Most likely it will not be, but still hoping for it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany;
    All the invite promises is that: "We've got a little more to show you," a clear suggestion that a little iPad is coming.
    It doesn't directly mean that a little iPad is coming. Has anyone thought about the AppleTV, that was very popular a few months ago. What if its that?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boozie View Post
    I think Kimberly Clark may have a patent lock on that name.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobh4 View Post
    It doesn't directly mean that a little iPad is coming. Has anyone thought about the AppleTV, that was very popular a few months ago. What if its that?
    Why not both? I would guess that this event would include: iPad mini/nano, Apple TV, and 13 inch Retina Macbook Pro.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobh4 View Post
    I am hoping the Mac Mini has a refresh announced. Best Buy will be getting my current one back and I will upgrade to the latest.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I hope it's retina. Most likely it will not be, but still hoping for it.
    It should be retina. There devices have no where else to go but up. In fact it better have retina. Maybe iMacs getting a refresh. But looking forward to the 13" MacBook getting retina