+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Begins Sending Invites to iPad Mini Event

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by mustard05 I have to agree with you on that buddy. I have no care and I will most likely not even pay any attention to the event.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    I have to agree with you on that buddy. I have no care and I will most likely not even pay any attention to the event. Footnotes will do just fine.

To the writer; I apologize for all of my negative comments in other threads about the "Event." I still don't foresee an iPad mini but I was wrong about the event.
    Ive read all your other "negative" posts. So after all the hardware leaks, info and pictures you still think the "iPad Mini" doesn't exist? Oh man!!

And to the people complaining about the name, c'mon really, who gives a toss what it's called. They could call it a FannyPad for all I care it's the price that's more appealling to me.
    Last edited by Hedrush; 10-16-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hedrush View Post
    Ive read all your other "negative" posts. So after all the hardware leaks, info and pictures you still think the "iPad Mini" doesn't exist? Oh man!!

And to the people complaining about the name, c'mon really, who gives a toss what it's called. They could call it a FannyPad for all I care it's the price that's more appealling to me.
    Thank You!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ensigma View Post
    What's surprising to me is that no one has played the name game for this unlike all other apple product launches.. is it going to be called an iPad mini, iPad nano, or something else?
    I'll play I say it will be " The New iPAD's " s stands for small

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post
    I'll play I say it will be " The New iPAD's " s stands for small
    I say it'll be the iPod-touch-super-mega-large-but-smaller-than-the-current-iPad with Retina display.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    For the first time in a while, I have absolutely no interest in an apple item launch. I'm rather curious to see how this one plays out.
    How strange. You say "absolutely no interest" and in the same breath you say you're "curious to see how this one plays out."

"Curious" or "not interested?" You can't have it both ways. Which is it?

There will probably be other announcements about other Apple products too (like iMac).

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    I have to agree with you on that buddy. I have no care and I will most likely not even pay any attention to the event. Footnotes will do just fine.

To the writer; I apologize for all of my negative comments in other threads about the "Event." I still don't foresee an iPad mini but I was wrong about the event.
    There's an overwhelming amount of evidence for the iPad Mini. I don't see how there can be any doubt at all.

Even if there had been no evidence that Apple was working on something, think of this:
    Apple KNOWS, if there was no iPad Mini, they would lose MASSIVE market share to the $200 7" tablets this holiday season.

Apple isn't going to stand by and let Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire HD steal that much market share. It would be ignorant and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by trek-life View Post
    I'm looking forward to the specs on this one. They haven't leaked as bad as other iDevices, so hopefully there aren't too many spoilers before the the 23rd.
    If you're "looking forward to the specs," then that means you should *want* spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Dear god. I hope they don't name it the "iPad mini". What a terrible name IMHO.
    Why? No one complained about the name when iPod Mini was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    It should be retina. There devices have no where else to go but up. In fact it better have retina. Maybe iMacs getting a refresh. But looking forward to the 13" MacBook getting retina
    How can you POSSIBLY expect developers to adapt their apps for YET ANOTHER screen resolution? That's ridiculous! It will be 1024x768, like iPad 1 and 2, but on a smaller screen. Because the screen is smaller and the resolution is the same, pixel density will be much higher than iPad and iPad 2, but still not as high as a "Retina" display..

The only way you could make it Retina without creating a nightmare for developers is to give it the same resolution as the third-generation iPad...on such a tiny screen! It would only create problems and unnecessary expense.
    Last edited by Shigoroku; 10-16-2012 at 09:32 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't believe a smaller iPad is being released, but rather the 13" Retina MBP & the iMac refresh... I hope I'm wrong, as a smaller iPad would be great for traveling purposes...

Banned
    Thanks

Itll be called the iphone jumbo or the smaller ipad

Green Apple
    Thanks
    There is most definitely a market for a smaller iPad. Not only for form factor but price. Most importantly, this market is global. Personally, I found the iPad to be too big for reading and browsing. It was also not convenient to carry around as it was just about the size of my MacBook Pro, just much lighter. But the kicker here is price, I think.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

iBook.....still sticking with that one.
    El Zurdo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ensigma View Post
    What's surprising to me is that no one has played the name game for this unlike all other apple product launches.. is it going to be called an iPad mini, iPad nano, or something else?
    As I have said in previous articles that it will be called the iBook not iPad mini want proof go to iBook.com more proof? Try typing iBook on any idevice notice how it auto caps the b in iBook just like when I type in any other idevice like iPad or iPod or iPhone try misspelling iBook and it auto corrects to iBook. Hmmmm can you imagine reading your beautiful iBooks on you new apple iBook ?

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hedrush View Post

I haven't scene any evidence. I have seen "photoshopped pictures," pictures of "inventory list", countless supposed "part leaks," etc. That means nothing until Apps says it true.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

About the iPad mini having retina display, I don't think it will happen. Not this generation anyway. If apple were to release a smaller iPad, it would be to compete with the more affordable tablets so costs in production must be kept down. Adding retina display would only bring the cost up and from a marketing perspective, there's no way a smaller, cheaper iPad would get retina display before the full sized iPad would. Even if apple could give the iPad minis retina display now, they would wait until the full sized iPad gets it first and it would give something to show off in the future generations. Since there's really no standard, setting the bar low and raising it a foot at a time is more impressive then setting the bar too high and raising it an inch.

Thanks

Gnarly i cant wait.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12