+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Analyst Reports 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro Still Expected to Launch in 2012

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Analyst Reports 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro Still Expected to Launch in 2012

According to research firm NPD DisplaySearch, Apple will be launching its second Retina display MacBook Pro offering (the 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display) later this year. The current production leads analysts to believe that the 13-inch Retina display packing MacBook Pro is on schedule for some time in the fourth quarter. Analyst Richard Shim confirmed that the portable would be packing a screen resolution of 2,560 by 1,600 pixels which is expectantly lower than the 15-inch model’s 2,880 by 1,800 pixel screen.

Shim also told CNET that the unit will be priced anywhere between the current top-end 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display and a high-tier 13-inch non-Retina model. The final cost is still currently up in the air though as the product is a new entry to the lineup of Apple’s laptops. Shim is currently speculating that the debut of the 13-inch MacBook Pro will come after the iPad Mini announcement, which is rumored to be coming up later in October.

We previously reported that suppliers were shipping 13-inch Retina displays along with new iMacs. The production numbers of the unannounced MacBook were supposedly much higher than the 15-inch model and if true, then we’re likely to see an influx of orders with hopefully an overall decrease of stock shortages similar to the ones seen with the release of the 15-inch Retina display model. We’ll find out soon enough as the October Apple event should be around the corner.

Source: CNET

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone one can say "anything" and you guys will write about it. You guys hurt Apple more than anything!

Anyway, I love my rMBP. It Is a great computer. I also own a 13 MBP and after using the 15 retina, which is lighter and thinner than my 2011 13 MBP, I will never buy another 13 inch computer. Too small for me.

As for price, I love my computer but it was not worth the money. Way over priced machine. At best the most that the 15inch retina should cost is 1599 and that is still overpriced. And, a higher priced 13 inch MBP would just be sickening. I think I'm done buying Apple stuff for while.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GooseG's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    Anyone one can say "anything" and you guys will write about it. You guys hurt Apple more than anything!

Anyway, I love my rMBP. It Is a great computer. I also own a 13 MBP and after using the 15 retina, which is lighter and thinner than my 2011 13 MBP, I will never buy another 13 inch computer. Too small for me.

As for price, I love my computer but it was not worth the money. Way over priced machine. At best the most that the 15inch retina should cost is 1599 and that is still overpriced. And, a higher priced 13 inch MBP would just be sickening. I think I'm done buying Apple stuff for while.
    You don't know that it's way overpriced. You don't know how expensive it is to produce the components for them. You could only say it's overpriced if it was the same as other laptops on the market. Which it is not. It's far thinner, lighter and faster. Plus it runs Mac OS X. An aspect of Apple devices often overlooked. Windows sells for what, $199? Mac OS X could easily go for $500, then. If you put that in to the laptops price then its not all that overpriced.