+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Remembers Steve Jobs One Year After His Death

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Friday marks the solemn one year anniversary of Steve Jobs' passing at the age of 56. To honor the man who co-founded the world's most profitable company and changed technology
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple Remembers Steve Jobs One Year After His Death

Friday marks the solemn one year anniversary of Steve Jobs' passing at the age of 56.

To honor the man who co-founded the world's most profitable company and changed technology forever, Apple CEO Tim Cook published an open letter to the Apple community today on the company's official website.

"Steve's passing one year ago today was a sad and difficult time for all of us," said Cook in the letter. "I hope that today everyone will reflect on his extraordinary life and the many ways he made the world a better place."

Cook was installed as Apple CEO following Jobs' resignation from the position in August 2011.

Cook said in his letter that Apple is one of the "greatest gifts" that Jobs bestowed upon the world, noting that the company remains committed to the vision and goals of its late iconic leader.

"I'm incredibly proud of the work we are doing, delivering products our customers love and dreaming up new ones that will delight them down the road. It's a wonderful tribute to Steve's memory and everything he stood for," Cook concluded.

Source: Apple

Thanks

They have also put up a pretty touching video on the home page of the apple site, must see.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I loved the video on the web site!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

This may be a bit off topic but...
    Everyone throws "world's most profitable company" at Apple a lot, but does Apple really deserve it?
    I am skeptical of this because world is a big place, and there are plenty of oil companies out there where just the employees makes billions.
    I am not talking about Exxon but the oil producing company Exxon buys from, yes many are owned in their perspective country but last I check there are Sultan so they actually own the country.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Everyone throws "world's most profitable company" at Apple a lot, but does Apple really deserve it?
    I am skeptical of this because world is a big place, and there are plenty of oil companies out there where just the employees makes billions.
    I am not talking about Exxon but the oil producing company Exxon buys from, yes many are owned in their perspective country but last I check there are Sultan so they actually own the country.
    ^^^ This Guy...smh

Thanks
    ..... Seriously?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Seriously?!
    Very disrespectful. RIP Steve Jobs. 56 yrs is too soon for anyone.
    ►o·pen/ˈōpən/
    Accessible to all.
    Allowing access; not locked up.
    Having no means of closing or barring.
    Free from limitations, boundaries, or restrictions.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Illmatic636 View Post
    Seriously?!
    Disrespectful to whom?? Michael Essany for questioning his facts or Apple that is still alive and well today?
    I am just questioning Apple as the "World's most profitable company".
    Did I take a stab at Jobs? No!
    Is any doubt on Apple or anything related to Apple equates to disrespect in iFamboy's eyes?
    I guess I answered my own question.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Without Steve Jobs Apple is slowly losing its edge, they have lost the “magic”, this can be seen in there keynotes. Steve was a control freak, and everything had to be perfect! The Apple maps would have NEVER been introduced under him. Without Steve, it seems Samsung and others have no fear of apple now, just look at all the legal battles recently. The bottom line Is, that Steve was VERY special, unlike Tim cook and the others, Steve cared about his customer, all the others care about is money.

Green Apple
    Thanks

There you go. This is a thread dedicated to anniversary of Steve Jobs passing away.
    To ask a question you already know the answer too is a bit arrogant, and may be better off as it's own thread.
    ►o·pen/ˈōpən/
    Accessible to all.
    Allowing access; not locked up.
    Having no means of closing or barring.
    Free from limitations, boundaries, or restrictions.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Without Steve Jobs Apple is slowly losing its edge, they have lost the “magic”, this can be seen in there keynotes. Steve was a control freak, and everything had to be perfect! The Apple maps would have NEVER been introduced under him. Without Steve, it seems Samsung and others have no fear of apple now, just look at all the legal battles recently. The bottom line Is, that Steve was VERY special, unlike Tim cook and the others, Steve cared about his customer, all the others care about is money.
    How are those rose tinted glasses?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow! Seriously? We're talking about remembering Steve and you're gonna bash his company? How disrespectful! I hope you feel better!

mod edit/comment removed/infraction given
    Last edited by blkcadi; 10-05-2012 at 01:43 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Hillefied's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple is the most profitable company in the world. By profitable, I believe it means that Apple has grown significantly in such a short amount of time. To think that in 2008, shares of Apple were on the $20s. Now, only 4 years later, 4 years, they are at over $700 a share. I'd say that beyond profitable. I wish I could have bought 1000 shares for $20,000. I could sell now and be $680,000 richer after only 4 years. That means, accumulatively, I earned $170,000 per year. That's a hell of a lot more than 90% of ModMyi's users.

Take that to the bank!

*T*
    Thanks

This is just what Steve wanted. Steve had a goal: change the world. He did that in a huge way. But he also had another goal, which was that he wanted a legacy. The fact that a single person remembered and acknowledged Steve after he died would make him happy looking down from above. I only hope I could follow his footsteps.

It is a proven fact that Apple is the worlds most profitable company.

We don't think it's disrespectful because you insulted Apple, but that you decide to post it on a page dedicated to remembering a dead person. Put it somewhere else,

Quote Originally Posted by Hillefied View Post
    Apple is the most profitable company in the world. By profitable, I believe it means that Apple has grown significantly in such a short amount of time. To think that in 2008, shares of Apple were on the $20s. Now, only 4 years later, 4 years, they are at over $700 a share. I'd say that beyond profitable. I wish I could have bought 1000 shares for $20,000. I could sell now and be $680,000 richer after only 4 years. That means, accumulatively, I earned $170,000 per year. That's a hell of a lot more than 90% of ModMyi's users.

Take that to the bank!

And all that without any other sources of income! Also, Apple was not in the $20s in 2008, maybe you forgot a zero.

Apple has never been at values over $700, unless you count $700.09. Apple is currently at $655, check your facts first.
    Last edited by *T*; 10-05-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Disrespectful to whom?? Michael Essany for questioning his facts or Apple that is still alive and well today?
    I am just questioning Apple as the "World's most profitable company".
    Did I take a stab at Jobs? No!
    Is any doubt on Apple or anything related to Apple equates to disrespect in iFamboy's eyes?
    I guess I answered my own question.
    You're honestly an idiot, a troll, and a Fandroid all in one. Also, just google Apple as the most profitable company - everyone agrees including market analysis and experts.

Green Apple
    Thanks

As for Tim, he was choosed by Steve so he is undoubtly the best choice to replace him at the head of Apple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Hillefied's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    This is just what Steve wanted. Steve had a goal: change the world. He did that in a huge way. But he also had another goal, which was that he wanted a legacy. The fact that a single person remembered and acknowledged Steve after he died would make him happy looking down from above. I only hope I could follow his footsteps.

It is a proven fact that Apple is the worlds most profitable company.

We don't think it's disrespectful because you insulted Apple, but that you decide to post it on a page dedicated to remembering a dead person. Put it somewhere else,

And all that without any other sources of income! Also, Apple was not in the $20s in 2008, maybe you forgot a zero.

Apple has never been at values over $700, unless you count $700.09. Apple is currently at $655, check your facts first.
    You're right ... and wrong. In the last quarter of 2008 they were averaging $110+- per share, not $200. I should have done research, so should you have done. In 2009, AAPL was closer $90 and that was only 3 years ago. And they have been over $700 per share as you've pointed out and predictions slate the company for $710 per share at the end of this quarter with the possible release of the "iPad Mini" and Holidays. My point was that in the few years when AAPL stocks were at their lowest to their inevitable high in the upcoming months, Apple is an idol of profitability.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Illmatic636 View Post
    Seriously?!
    How is that disrespectful? He said nothing offensive to Steve jobs. Jobs is a reasonable guy he knows that no matter what he does the biggest energy providers like oil companies will always be worth more. I'm a personal fan of Steve but I know that apples not the most valuable company. Look if apple disappeared we could buy phones from someone else etc. if all phone companies were gone we'd get along fine even our day to day lives would hardly change it would adjust certainly but not drastically change. If oil companies disappeared the world would turn chaotic!

Please don't be ignorant and force people like me to rant.

Also they are the most profitable too investors not to the world. Oil companies are still worth trillions compared to apples billions.
    Last edited by Mrteacup; 10-05-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Great man!
    Greatly missed!!