+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Wants to Stop Using Intel Chips in Mac Computers

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Stop winning windows lovers. You can always run a vm for your lame os. I remember it was hard to do in the days of PowerPC but the world has
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Stop winning windows lovers. You can always run a vm for your lame os. I remember it was hard to do in the days of PowerPC but the world has advanced. It won't be an issue.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,858 Times in 6,161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nicrfe View Post
    Stop winning windows lovers. You can always run a vm for your lame os. I remember it was hard to do in the days of PowerPC but the world has advanced. It won't be an issue.
    But winning is good, isn't it, why would I want to stop?

I think you mean whining! Doesn't your Mac have spell check?

If windows is so lame, then why do so many people want to run it on a Mac?
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by turdsmoka View Post
    If they leave the processors that run Windows instructions I won't be able to buy Apple any more. Oh well.
    But I thought Crapple was AMAZING and OS X does EVERYTHING that any fanboy could ever need? Why would you need to run Windows when OS X is supposedly sooooo amazing???

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    But winning is good, isn't it, why would I want to stop?

I think you mean whining! Doesn't your Mac have spell check?

If windows is so lame, then why do so many people want to run it on a Mac?
    hahaha EXACTLY!! Crapple users LOVE to boast about how amazing OS X is and how it can do everything yet they are ALWAYS talking about how they "NEED TO RUN WINDOWS" or their POS MAC.

I understand that OS X has it's place for SIMPLE PEOPLE, but by no means is it anywhere near as amazing as Windows based systems. PERIOD!
    Last edited by iamFail; 10-03-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Thanks

Epic fail

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

if they do that then this will be my last MacBook Pro.....

Green Apple
    Thanks

This will be a bad idea!!! I could get a picture of this. Apple computer crushing and shutting down by then self!!! I remember when G5 came out and this was the major problem!!! It lames a lot!!! This will be my last mac if they came out with that!!!

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 755 Posts

if they do change, the big reason would be to try and stop the hackintosh hacks

Quote Originally Posted by iamFail View Post
    hahaha EXACTLY!! Crapple users LOVE to boast about how amazing OS X is and how it can do everything yet they are ALWAYS talking about how they "NEED TO RUN WINDOWS" or their POS MAC.

I understand that OS X has it's place for SIMPLE PEOPLE, but by no means is it anywhere near as amazing as Windows based systems. PERIOD!
    lol the Os wars continue
    Last edited by dsg; 10-04-2012 at 08:47 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nicrfe View Post
    Nope, VMs only work when the processor architecture is the same for both the host and guest OS. If Apple switched CPUs, you'd have to use an emulator instead which would be MUCH slower.

iPhone? More like MyPhone McMichael96's Avatar
    Thanks

People! Chill out! If Apple does this, they aren't going to start putting ARM processors in their computers. It'll still be x86, like intel and it'll still run Windows. They just want to make their "own brand" of processors like they have done with iOS platforms.
    I like apple stuff.
    If you see the username "McMichael96" anywhere, it's probably me.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,720 Times in 4,403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McMichael96 View Post
    People! Chill out! If Apple does this, they aren't going to start putting ARM processors in their computers. It'll still be x86, like intel and it'll still run Windows. They just want to make their "own brand" of processors like they have done with iOS platforms.
    Exactly. Apple is many things - but one of them 'isn't' STUPID.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    if they do change, the big reason would be to try and stop the hackintosh hacks

lol the Os wars continue
    What war? There is no war, Windows users won that war a long time ago. I bet that probably 90% of the stuff out there today is NOT MAC COMPATIBLE! When Mac users go out and buy new products you can bet that checking to see if the product they're looking to buy is compatible with their Mac is something they have to do every time. But see Windows users don't have to bother with things like that. It's all the Mac users that have to live with the constant disappointment of reading things like...

"Not compatible with MAC"
    "No support for MAC"
    "Runs on Windows only"

Nuff said
    Last edited by iamFail; 10-04-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,053 Times in 6,933 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iamFail View Post
    What war? There is no war, Windows users won that war a long time ago. I bet that probably 90% of the stuff out there today is NOT MAC COMPATIBLE! When Mac users go out and buy new products you can bet that checking to see if the product they're looking to buy is compatible with their Mac is something they have to do every time. But see Windows users don't have to bother with things like that. It's all the Mac users that have to live with the constant disappointment of reading things like...

"Not compatible with MAC"
    "No support for MAC"
    "Runs on Windows only"

Nuff said
    Oh look, the troll that just keeps on giving. What will this be now? 10th banned account? Not the brightest spark are ya. One of the easiest trolls to keep track of. See ya next account

Thanks
    Thanked 9,621 Times in 5,899 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Oh look, the troll that just keeps on giving. What will this be now? 10th banned account? Not the brightest spark are ya. One of the easiest trolls to keep track of. See ya next account
    lmao, you can run, but you can't hide Mr. Troll.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    I hope this is just another one of those unfounded rumors that fizzles out.
    THe source may be reputable but the quote isn't very grounded. It's only mentioned where he quotes it and it literally only says, "say two people familiar with the discussion." it's 100% unfounded skepticism. ( plus, i mean come on, it's Anthony... His articles are all about the titles.)

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12