+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Batman: Arkham City to Release on the Mac This November

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Batman: Arkham City to Release on the Mac This November

The developers at Feral Interactive are finally getting around to releasing the Game of the year Edition of Batman: Arkham City for the Mac OS X. For those of you who didnt already know, this game is the second installment of the critically acclaimed Arkham series, which started with Batman: Arkham Asylum, which was released on the PC and console versions in 2009. The Mac OS X version of Arkham Asylum was released in November 2011 and now one year after Mac users are seeing the release of the sequel. Although the cycle is behind, as many would say, its better late than never, especially for a game that received good reviews from several publications.

If you arent familiar with gaming and terminology, than it might help to know that the Game of the Year Edition will include all the downloadable content (DLC) that was released for the game when you purchase it. This in turn makes the purchase a great opportunity to grab everything for the game all in one go. The extra content that comes packed with the game brings Catwoman, Nightwing, and Harley Quinn expansions to the user experience, giving buyers much more content than the original game, which was great in itself as well.

Pricing or specific system requirements are yet to be revealed but if you compare it to the game on other platforms, wed assume the price would be roughly the same. Currently the game is available for $50 on the Xbox 360, so wed imagine the price to be around there. As far as specs go, they will probably be a bit higher than the specs required for the original game which were: a 2.0 GHz processor, 2GB of RAM, 10 GB of disk space, and at least a 128 MB graphics card. If you haven't had a chance to play this game, you prefer to play games on the computer, and you own a Mac, this may be a good deal for you to get in on.

Source: The Loop

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It's $29.99 on PSN I was just considering it today actually.

I would guess it would be cheaper than fifty dollars...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

This is the main reason why I stick with a Windows PC instead of switching to Mac.. I'm a gamer and the vast majority of games I like come on PC only or PC first, then Mac a year or so later.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    This is the main reason why I stick with a Windows PC instead of switching to Mac.. I'm a gamer and the vast majority of games I like come on PC only or PC first, then Mac a year or so later.
    This is why I run windows 7 on its own partition with bootcamp

rcm
    Thanks

This is why i don't have a mac, all games need to be reformatted to work with the mac system, and that always takes a ridiculous amount of time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    This is why i don't have a mac, all games need to be reformatted to work with the mac system, and that always takes a ridiculous amount of time.
    That's why they take a while the game could be a big stinker and what a waste.

I don't see why so many people feel the need to whine and moan about games being ported. If you don't like it don't buy it?

Sorry was that too much common sense?

Banned
    Thanks

And people still say the Mac is better than a PC. LOL
    It's getting year old games. This game has come and gone already.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Dang! I just installed boot camp on my Macbook Pro solely to play this game.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Himm i already bit this game!!!!