Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Recently Filed Apple Patents Hint Towards Future Camera Features

Thanks

Default Recently Filed Apple Patents Hint Towards Future Camera Features

With the iPhone 5 being announced and released, designers are going back to the drawing board working on future iOS devices and come to think of it, they’ve probably already been doing this for quite some time now. Based on recently filed Apple patents, ideas of what Apple plans to do with cameras have surfaced.

One of the more interesting patents covers a number of gestures that would be used for location-based filtering and distortion. This would cover gestures that would be used to make post-shot adjustments to your pictures as well. Another patent covers a form of assisted image capturing intended to help users take a picture that is “well-composed.” The patent covers a system where an image shown on the screen can be frozen if well-composed and replaced by a second image if that image is similar to the first. Similar to most patents, this patent is very vague, which is an intentional doing as it helps cover a wider array of things if argued correctly on court should the need arise. The other patents cover what seem to be to red-eye reduction related topics, outlining various ways to identify and remove the issue.

Patents overall are purposely constructed to have the widest breadth possible so that the ideas that are outlined show up in many different forms. What we do know from these patents that were recently filed is that Apple seems to be giving quite a bit of attention to its cameras for the next set of iOS devices. Although it may not exactly be PureView technology that iOS users will be getting, we’ll still have additional features to look forward to.

Source: Patently Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Banned
    Thanks

By the drawings above it looks like they are trying to patent Facial recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    By the drawings above it looks like they are trying to patent Facial recognition.
    I'm all for apple however they better not get that patent. Android should get that patent if anyone should considering apple gets ridiculous patents all the time and so should android.

I'm feeling the 5S will be a similar upgrade to the 4S, with camera improvements being a major feature. I wonder what the big features of the iPhone 6 will be. With 1080p phones coming out soon, I don't think it's out of the question that Apple will again double the resolution in two years. 2272x1280. Hmm...

Thanks

Bye bye buttons..hello gestures

Will be featured in iPhone 5S

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GTRagnarok View Post
    I'm feeling the 5S will be a similar upgrade to the 4S, with camera improvements being a major feature. I wonder what the big features of the iPhone 6 will be. With 1080p phones coming out soon, I don't think it's out of the question that Apple will again double the resolution in two years. 2272x1280. Hmm...
    the 5S will only be a fix of everything (well, most things) that's wrong with the iPhone 5.

- data leak
    - maps not working
    - wifi not working
    - purple lense flare on camera
    - siri not working on day one
    - scratches and scuffs on the phones
    - passbook app cannot sync to iTunes
    - yellowish tint on display
    - light bleed
    - incompatibility with O2s or Vodafone's 4G network
    - still cannot do simultaneous voice and data on Verizon and Sprint
    - incompatible with Sprints' HD voice
    - incompatible with ALL of your accessories

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    the 5S will only be a fix of everything (well, most things) that's wrong with the iPhone 5.

- data leak
    - maps not working
    - wifi not working
    - light bleed
    Maps and wifi are software errors which will be fixed in iOS 6..
    Siri only didn't work cause servers were overloaded but it works now.
    Passbook is again software..
    Yellowish tints are on all phones when being freshly manufactured it goes away after about 3-4 days because of glue.
    Light bleeding is only seen on a few phones.
    These last few aren't things that need "fixed" more like features that weren't added because of the complete remodeling that would have to be done to have those features. Talking and surfing web is only supported on SIM cards and 4g lte.

- data leak
    Fixed.
    - maps not working
    Maps "work", just there are inaccuracies that Apple will fix over time.
    - wifi not working
    Apple's already investigating this, doubt it will take a year to fix.
    Apple's investigating, if it's hardware related, doubt there will be a fix (but expect some class action lawsuits from the whiners).
    Day one has come and gone, is your Siri working now?
    Show me any gadget that is immune from scratches and scuffs, that isn't still in the box.
    iTunes doesn't sync Passbook, so what does this even mean? Passbook does sync to iCloud and between your iOS devices. There is no "Passbook" app for the Mac. Did you want to lug your MacBook to the movie theater to show them your on-screen ticket???
    -light bleed
    If your display is defective I suggest returning your phone for replacement, Apple has been replacing them.
    This is Apple's fault how? My hamster isn't compatible with their networks either.
    Again, not Apple's fault, the blame lies with the carriers and their networks. The iPhone is perfectly capable of performing simultaneous voice and data if the carrier supports it, like AT&T.
    Might want to go back to Sprint on this one as well.
    Yes, and the car I purchased last year doesn't play my 8 track tapes that worked in my van back in the 80's. Heck, it doesn't even have a cassette player! Such is the price of progress.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
    Fixed.

Maps "work", just there are inaccuracies that Apple will fix over time.

Apple's already investigating this, doubt it will take a year to fix.

Apple's investigating, if it's hardware related, doubt there will be a fix (but expect some class action lawsuits from the whiners).

Day one has come and gone, is your Siri working now?

Show me any gadget that is immune from scratches and scuffs, that isn't still in the box.

iTunes doesn't sync Passbook, so what does this even mean? Passbook does sync to iCloud and between your iOS devices. There is no "Passbook" app for the Mac. Did you want to lug your MacBook to the movie theater to show them your on-screen ticket???

If your display is defective I suggest returning your phone for replacement, Apple has been replacing them.

This is Apple's fault how? My hamster isn't compatible with their networks either.

Again, not Apple's fault, the blame lies with the carriers and their networks. The iPhone is perfectly capable of performing simultaneous voice and data if the carrier supports it, like AT&T.

Might want to go back to Sprint on this one as well.

Yes, and the car I purchased last year doesn't play my 8 track tapes that worked in my van back in the 80's. Heck, it doesn't even have a cassette player! Such is the price of progress.

I have simple fix to all of the above, my Galaxy S3.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Maps and wifi are software errors which will be fixed in iOS 6..
    Siri only didn't work cause servers were overloaded but it works now.
    Passbook is again software..
    Yellowish tints are on all phones when being freshly manufactured it goes away after about 3-4 days because of glue.
    Light bleeding is only seen on a few phones.
    These last few aren't things that need "fixed" more like features that weren't added because of the complete remodeling that would have to be done to have those features. Talking and surfing web is only supported on SIM cards and 4g lte.
    wouldnt you agree that those are some serious problems for a company that prides itself on "quality" products? I mean, this is a flagship phone and its shipping with tons and tons of problems. the craziest thing though is how some people are making excuses for apple--imagine if the Galaxy S3 had shipped with all these issues.

I have simple fix to all of the above, my Galaxy S3.
    yes. i'm sure that galaxy s3 is flawless! hope you two have a wonderful life together.

ps. next year i'll be running ios 7 on my iphone 5... wonder what version of android you'll be stuck with.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
    yes. i'm sure that galaxy s3 is flawless! hope you two have a wonderful life together.

ps. next year i'll be running ios 7 on my iphone 5... wonder what version of android you'll be stuck with.
    So what if you're running iOS 7., a newer version of iOS is not always a good thing. from iOS 3 to iOS 4 was a FKing joke. and iOS 5 to iOS 6 has brought with it a ton of problems.