Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Launches OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 With Facebook Integration

Default Apple Launches OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 With Facebook Integration

It looks as if Apple is not only giving iOS devices the royal treatment today by officially launching iOS 6 to the public, but they are also giving this royal treatment to the Mac, as Apple appears to have launched their public release of OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 today soon after iOS 6 went public.

OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 brings the much sought-after Facebook integration to Mac OS X. Along with Twitter integration, Facebook integration allows users to post to Facebook from Notification Center, share photos, and posts statuses right from the operating system itself without having to be on the actual Facebook Web site to interact with Facebook friends. Facebook is also integrated with Game Center and the Contacts stored on your computer just like in iOS 6.

Some other great highlights of OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 include:
    • FaceTime and iMessages sent to your iPhone's phone number now get sent to your Mac too
    • The late 2010 model of the MacBook Air gets support for the Power Nap feature
    • The new Siri Dictation feature supports multiple new launguages
    • The integrated dictionary in OS X now supports the French language
    • The ability to discard changes in an original document when choosing "Save As"
    • Any unsent e-mail drafts will open automatically with the Mail application when you open it
    • Twitter notifications now appear from anyone and everyone
    • Safari can now launch previously opened Web pages

OS X Mountain Lion is available from  menu > Software Update, or you can launch the Mac App Store to check for updates. The download size varies depending on the computer and download speeds will vary depending on your Internet connection. The update is free for anyone that purchased OS X Mountain Lion already. You will need to restart your computer after installing the update.

Sources: Mac App Store
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 09-19-2012 at 01:23 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Getting this as soon as I get off the toilet!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by certde View Post
    getting this as soon as i get off the toilet!
    tmi....

Looking forward to the iMessages part of the update. Freaking hated it when it send via apple id, always split my group messages by email. Now hopefully it'll keep everything in sync and no splitting messages by email and phone number...

Hey are you sure the download is 365mb? Mine shows up as 697.54mb...
    Last edited by piston597; 09-19-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    Looking forward to the iMessages part of the update. Freaking hated it when it send via apple id, always split my group messages by email. Now hopefully it'll keep everything in sync and no splitting messages by email and phone number...

Hey are you sure the download is 365mb? Mine shows up as 697.54mb...
    Differs for different computers. I installed on a 13" MacBook Pro from 2011.

Even weirder.. I have a 13 in mbp base model from 2011 also... Getting alot of error messages downloading, maybe servers are being hammered, guess I'll wait so I don't download a corrupt file and royally screw up my laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    Even weirder.. I have a 13 in mbp base model from 2011 also... Getting alot of error messages downloading, maybe servers are being hammered, guess I'll wait so I don't download a corrupt file and royally screw up my laptop.
    Early or late 2011?

I hope the fix the battery issues

Early, bought it back in June of 2011. Really the App Store has given me like 20 time out errors, my internet is fine. Definitely holding off the update.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Certde View Post
    haha. I'm simply going to get it myself...

If you are at the toilet why dont you update from there?

Nvm smarthphones...

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

The Siri function is pretty invasive. Requires you to give up your contacts info and it records & transcribes what you say and stores it for an undetermined time.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to luvmytj For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (09-19-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Me too. Haha. If I had a MacBook instead of an iMac, I'd be able to get it WHILE on the toilet. That's a feature they should advertise more.

iPhone? More like MyPhone loocfa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    The Siri function is pretty invasive. Requires you to give up your contacts info and it records & transcribes what you say and stores it for an undetermined time.
    siri on osx10.8.2? first i've heard of this.
    3gs 16gb 4.0 pwnagetooled. macbook pro 2.33ghz snow leopard 10.6.3. imac 20" 2ghz snow leopard 10.6.3. and a mini 10 dell for those times when i have to use a pc.

Wow! What a piece of crap! "the much sought-after Facebook integration to Mac OS X"? Sought after by whom???

Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
    Wow! What a piece of crap! "the much sought-after Facebook integration to Mac OS X"? Sought after by whom???
    Many except for you, apparently.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Hahaha!! FTW

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post

Doesn't Siri already do that on the iPhone 4s / iPhone 5? Siri has full range of your contact information on your iPhone and the contacts on your Mac are just a backup of the contacts on the phone. Is there really a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by loocfa View Post
    siri on osx10.8.2? first i've heard of this.
    Yeah when was Siri on OS X

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manickbarry View Post
    Yeah when was Siri on OS X
    Its not

I couldnt get it through software update for some reason so i downloaded it from apples support website. But the mac app store is still telling me there is an update with the little red badge, but when i open it, it says there are no updates available. Any ideas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast