Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The iPhone's A6 SoC is a Custom Apple Core

Quote Originally Posted by Striknine View Post
    Can't wait to get my phone so I can take the A6 chip apart. You just need an expensive microscope and a small pair of tweezers. I'll figure out what's in there...
    Please do that so i can see what exactly they put inside the phone. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
    So funny how people have to worry about getting a jailbreak because Apple doesn't want you to have control over your own device...you know the thing you paid for...pitiful.
    Yeah and I'm sure they'd love to service millions of phones that people jailbreak / unlock and then brick. That's like you making mods to your car then taking it back to the dealer once you screw some **** up.

I say jailbreak/unlock all you like but be stuck with the phone as is should you destroy it.

And btw I love jailbreaking, done it all all my iPhones so this isn't an anti-JBL post.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Jaze View Post
    Yeah and I'm sure they'd love to service millions of phones that people jailbreak / unlock and then brick. That's like you making mods to your car then taking it back to the dealer once you screw some **** up.
    Remove the need to jailbreak by allowing me to install whatever I want as long as it can be cleanly uninstalled in the event of unforeseen problems. In fact, that should be the only real restriction on getting an App into the AppStore...

Apple already unbricks problematic iDevices by reflashing them if you bring them to an Apple Store. If you're not near an Apple Store and you brick it then you pay someone smarter than yourself $20 to unbrick it. Maybe Apple should just start charging $20 to flash out of warranty iDevices...

Thanks

Sounds like its going to be fast and not affect battery life..win win!

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2Jaze View Post

I say jailbreak/unlock all you like but be stuck with the phone as is should you destroy it.

And btw I love jailbreaking, done it all all my iPhones so this isn't an anti-JBL post.
    I've never bricked my iPhone. Can't you just do a simple restore or download the firmware and do a shift + click on Restore?

First of all, if you do not know how to fix your jail broken non functional phone, you have no right jailbreaking it in the first place.

Second of all, it is almost impossible nowadays to "brick" an iPhone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    First of all, if you do not know how to fix your jail broken non functional phone, you have no right jailbreaking it in the first place.

Second of all, it is almost impossible nowadays to "brick" an iPhone.
    My point exactly. People are just trying to make excuses for why Apple doesn't let people do what they want with the phone they buy.

Quote Originally Posted by organik View Post
    I don't worry about it. iOS usability is fantastic right out of the box. The added features you get through jailbreaking are great, and I'll jailbreak when I can, but I'm not going to lose sleep over using stock iOS. There's a reason iPhone has the highest customer satisfaction of any smart phone - it's the OS. I understand Apple wanting a predictable specific experience for users of its products, it makes sense. Average users that get an Android phone loaded with bloatware from their mobile provider = dissatisfied customers.
    So don't buy a Samsung device from a carrier. (Or whatever manufacture.)

Buy the phone directly from Google. You get no bloat, no nothing. It's the ideal and untouched Android experience. And quite honestly, it's very good.

Last edited by sandsjh; 09-17-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Not trying to get on the boat of apple being greedy or what not because they really aren't greedy as much as innovative in my view but.. I can totally imagine apple selling iPhones 100$+ than other iPhones that are open source..

In other words can download anything so basically prejailbroken

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjh View Post
    Poorly written article. It either is or is not an ARM. Which one is it?
    Not sure what's not understood. Something can be built off of a platform and be different and better. Just like a Shelby mustang is just a mustang redesigned an made better by Shelby.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Saved0ne's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    The design of the processor has nothing to do with the jailbreak solution. The only devs say they can't jailbreak "a5's" etc. isn't because of the hardware itself it's not like they literally look for flaws in the physical product it's all software based.its because the new software has different securities etc. that utilize the better performance speeds of the idevice. This will not affect the jailbreak but the new processor software specs will.

I hate how people argue that apple patented samsungs designs or something because they manufacture some of apples products.

First off this argument is invalid because of so many reasons

1. The patents dont even have to do with what Samsung manufactured for apple! They don't have to do with the type of glass they use or type of ram used. It's mostly design based and software based!
    2. If apple was patenting technology they bought from Samsung isn't it samsungs fault for not patenting their own technology?
    3. Apple suing Samsung has nothing to do with the parts Samsung makes for apple.
    4. People like you PLEASE read about the actual lawsuit before commenting with an invalid argument.
    +1 good lad!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohand
    Watch your back now ARM! Apple will patent some vague, grey SoC architecture based on the foundation you provided and bludgeon you in court with it! BUY or BITE, then BLUDGEON! Sayin...

-------
    I hate how people argue that apple patented samsungs designs or something because they manufacture some of apples products.

First off this argument is invalid because of so many reasons

1. The patents dont even have to do with what Samsung manufactured for apple! They don't have to do with the type of glass they use or type of ram used. It's mostly design based and software based!
    2. If apple was patenting technology they bought from Samsung isn't it samsungs fault for not patenting their own technology?
    3. Apple suing Samsung has nothing to do with the parts Samsung makes for apple.
    4. People like you PLEASE read about the actual lawsuit before commenting with an invalid argument.
    Now who the heck is talking about Samsung? Did I mention Samsung anywhere? I'm talking about a group of snot nosed N00bs that came into the mobile device space and rode every FRAND patent they could like a whore at a rodeo and then proceeded to patent or piss-off every other other handset maker in the space. Who knew you could patent a rectangle with rounded edges. Ridiculous! Everyone was caught off guard and had to scramble because a conniving whiner had arrived. When Apple (who didn't know squat about RF) was in a crap storm over an antenna design that could be easily and repeatedly be detuned S. Jobs went on stage like a maniac with graphs and charts whining and attempting pull in other manufacturers by name saying "there designs sucks too". Most of it were false accusations and other had to suddenly defend themselves. This was something that had never happened before. And to the customers? Well, FU, your "holding it wrong" never mind that it is being held the same way in Apple Ads. Bottom line is they came into the space with a dickish attitude and a product that had more problems than you know (i.e. a certain carrier took much crap early and had to actually change things on the network to accommodate the devices deficiencies). This from an insider and one of the first six people on the east coast to ever touch an iPhone

Why would you want to argue over about this nonsense stuff? My point of view about smart phones is personal taste. I like iphone because i can change the whole interface of it because i hate looking at boring same old stock one. I want i faster iphone and i dont care about battery life. Mustang shelby is basically being overclocked by its company to make stronger and faster. Nissan GTR is the same but faster than the shelby. So, i say depend on one's taste. SO STOP ARUGUING folks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fredHD's Avatar
    Thanks

read this : Tech & Trend | International Business Times UK some people think it's all about big numbers and how many cores.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12