+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 10.7 Released With iOS 6 Support

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default iTunes 10.7 Released With iOS 6 Support

Apple recently released iTunes 10.7 with support for the soon-to-launch iOS 6 ahead of the overhaul to iTunes, which is expected to come in October. iTunes 10.7 is now available to download from Apple’s official website and it adds support for existing devices to be upgraded to iOS 6, along with support for the newly announced iPhone 5 and updated iPod Touch and iPod Nano.

The Cupertino California company announced that iOS 6 will become publicly available next Wednesday, September 19th. It is said to be available for the iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, new iPad, iPad 2, and the fourth-generation iPod Touch. It will become available for existing devices just two days before the new iPhone 5 is set to go on sale in the U.S. and a number of other markets.

The 10.7 update of iTunes is said to be a small difference before a more expansive overhaul which is set to arrive later this year. The company also announced that it will debut a “dramatically simpler” iTunes with a redesigned user interface at the end of October. The new iTunes is said to feature a grid-driven interface that Apple says will make it easier for users to navigate. It’s also rumored to have tighter integration with iCloud including cloud-based, and cross-device syncing of playback information on movies. Apple fans have a lot to look forward to this upcoming quarter.

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm. How about focus on making it smoother to run on windows?

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

And is it Jailbreak safe ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

Its no different. But it did allow me to update to ios 6 gm. Its pretty sweet so far. Got a blank springboard icon though. Thinking about signing up as a dev for apple.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pratt1503 View Post
    And is it Jailbreak safe ?
    I was wondering that too but it seems like everytime theres an update for itunes we gotta make sure its jailbreak safe yet i cannot remember even one time it wasnt.. Maybe once for 3gs users.. but cant even remember. I updated and its fine for me.. not like i care cuz im getting the new iphone. Which is funny because a lot of my tweaks i installed are going to be standard on the iphone!

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colin9001 View Post
    Hmm. How about focus on making it smoother to run on windows?
    iTunes runs fine on windows.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TC316 View Post
    iTunes runs fine on windows.....
    It's extremely slow and laggy for me, and I have a very nice PC.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm kinda excited to see the new interface coming out, up next is pretty cool and would be something i'd ideally use.

rcm
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

why do is take so long for the auto updater to see this, i always end up getting the updates from apple because the updater takes days to see any updates.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    why do is take so long for the auto updater to see this, i always end up getting the updates from apple because the updater takes days to see any updates.
    If on Windows the updater makes use of a service that constantly runs in the background. Because of this it often slows down your pc system which is why I've disabled this service and manually run the updater when A site like mmi reports on the update. Afaik though iTunes still checks for updates every time you open it. If your on a lightning fast mac I wouldn't know why your updater won't recognise new updates...