+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Launches New Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Beta Build to Developers

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Launches New Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Beta to Developers

Apple recently seeded build 12C50 of the OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion beta to developers. There are currently no known issues and this version adds a number of new features to the upcoming update that should be ready for public launch this fall. This updated build comes a week after Appleís last seed, which included release notes describing the new features found in 10.8.2 such as phone number support for iMessage and tighter integration with the upcoming iOS 6.

Among the updates is extended support for Power Nap, the energy-saving feature that enables Macs to stay up to date by syncing with iCloud and automatically backing up data while the computer is in sleep mode. The feature which was previously limited to mid-2011 or later MacBook Airs and the 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display is now supported as far back as late-2010 MacBook Airs.

Another feature that has been improved upon in the build is built-in Facebook functionality. It now supports single sign-ins, merging contact information with OS X Contacts and Notification Center compatibility. The features all join system-wide sharing through Mountain Lionís Share Sheets. As far as iOS integration goes, incoming iMessages and FaceTime calls sent to an iPhone userís phone number will also be displayed in their respective OS X apps, a feature that many consumers may enjoy utilizing.

For those of you who didnít know already, OS X 10.8.2 was reported to fix the battery issues that many users were complaining about with their MacBooks. The new build is adding icing on the cake with the additional features it seems to be bringing to the table.

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It all sounds great and while I am excited I'm going to toss my support for not only Power Nap to be supported as far back as late 2010 models but how about AirPlay too!!!! Seriously come on! Boardwalk Empire is starting up soon and Apple TV doesn't have HBO GO!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
    It all sounds great and while I am excited I'm going to toss my support for not only Power Nap to be supported as far back as late 2010 models but how about AirPlay too!!!! Seriously come on! Boardwalk Empire is starting up soon and Apple TV doesn't have HBO GO!
    Airplay mirroring can't be put on the older models, they don't have the chips to hardware accelerate trans-coding video on the fly.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spazturtle View Post
    Airplay mirroring can't be put on the older models, they don't have the chips to hardware accelerate trans-coding video on the fly.
    yep, a lot of people donít understand that. Intel has a feature in their chips I think itís called something like quick sync. Correct me if Iím wrong on that.