Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Suppliers Reportedly Begin Shipping New iMac, 13 Inch Retina MacBook Pro

Default Apple Suppliers Reportedly Begin Shipping New iMac, 13 Inch Retina MacBook Pro

It was just this year that Apple launched the first MacBook Pro to ever carry a retina display, however it only happened with the 15-inch model. Apple’s suppliers are reportedly beginning to ship some 13-inch MacBook Pros with the retina display, a sign that Apple is close to bringing the low-end and cost-efficient MacBook Pro up to speed with the rest.

A 13-inch retina display MacBook Pro would fit the needs of most computer users just fine. Being that it would cost less than the 15-inch model and offer a smaller form-factor and lighter computer for portability, Apple would sell a whole bunch of them too. It is predicted that Apple will launch the 13-inch MacBook Pro with retina display before the end of 2012.

One question that comes to mind when thinking about a 13-inch MacBook Pro would be the graphical power behind it. The retina display is GPU-hungry, however Apple is known to include dumbed-down graphics with the lower-end MacBook Pro, favoring the high-end, larger-screened MacBook Pros. Hopefully a halfway decent choice in GPU units is selected this time around.

Also being reportedly produced and shipped are next-generation iMacs, which would likely be getting the Ivy Bridge processor bump from its predecessor, Sandy Bridge. Also likely is the bump to USB 3.0 just like in Apple’s new MacBook Pro lineup.

There is very little chance that this next-generation iMac will come with a retina display because of the size of the display, but that could change in the future. The new iMac is expected to launch around the same time as the 13-inch MacBook Pro with retina display.

Sources: Digitimes
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 09-10-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Umm, when did they release a 17 inch retina display? Did i miss something?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Umm, when did they release a 17 inch retina display? Did i miss something?
    Where did anyone state or imply anything about a 17" retina display?
    Apple no longer sells a 17" "anything" so your dumfounded question makes little sense..
    Last edited by AdonisBlue; 09-10-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBlue View Post
    Where did anyone state or imply anything about a 17" retina display?
    Apple no longer sells a 17" "anything" so your dumfounded question makes little sense..
    It has since been removed. The first line:

"however it only happened with the 15-inch and 17-inch model."

I love how they say "Reportedly" .. Joke

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

iMac = Want

I have been waiting patiently for 496 days! Please release it soon!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I think they dumped the 17 inch entirely didn't they? Pity too. I have an older 17 inch that I use more than anything else just because of the larger screen size.