Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Claims Their Multitouch Software is Sub Par to Avoid Dutch Galaxy Ban

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Not short sided and allowed an opinion. I used an s3 for two weeks and went back to an iPhone. Like I've said in other threads. One isn't better than the other. They both have there pros and cons its all about the end user and what they like.
    Two whole weeks......wow, you experienced everything in that lengthy time period. Wait, we're talking about Android..not IOS. You can experience all of the stock IOS goodness in two days.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    Two whole weeks......wow, you experienced everything in that lengthy time period. Wait, we're talking about Android..not IOS. You can experience all of the stock IOS goodness in two days.
    Yup two whole weeks then decided it wasn't for me. I'm fine with a phone that is a phone.

Always gotta be douche bags like you. Haha. Fandroid that has nothing better to do that hang out at apple sites and QQ about everyone liking there iPhones better than others.

Thanks

Yup two whole weeks then decided it wasn't for me. I'm fine with a phone that is a phone.

Always gotta be douche bags like you. Haha. Fandroid that has nothing better to do that hang out at apple sites and QQ about everyone liking there iPhones better than others.
    Bad news for you. These posts come in via my iPad. Kinda shoots the **** out of your supposition doesn't it. Easiest comparison I can make is set someone in a baseline Chevy. Doesn't take long to figure out the controls (IOS). Now set them in a Piper or Cessna (Android OS). Both are modes of transportation but you have to take longer to learn how to operate the latter as it has more instrumentation/complicated than what you have to learn with the former.

If you even TRY to argue that IOS stock is more configurable than Android OS I strongly recommend that you lay down the crack pipe, take a few steps back and then see about help. You can't argue that IOS notification system didnt suck prior to IOS 5x and even now it does not compare to Android 4.1.1, which they continue to struggle to "improve/innovate/whatever the want to claim it as" their poor notification system.

Bad news for you. These posts come in via my iPad. Kinda shoots the **** out of your supposition doesn't it. Easiest comparison I can make is set someone in a baseline Chevy. Doesn't take long to figure out the controls (IOS). Now set them in a Piper or Cessna (Android OS). Both are modes of transportation but you have to take longer to learn how to operate the latter as it has more instrumentation/complicated than what you have to learn with the former.

If you even TRY to argue that IOS stock is more configurable than Android OS I strongly recommend that you lay down the crack pipe, take a few steps back and then see about help. You can't argue that IOS notification system didnt suck prior to IOS 5x and even now it does not compare to Android 4.1.1, which they continue to struggle to "improve/innovate/whatever the want to claim it as" their poor notification system.
    I never said iOS was more configurable. Intact the lack of configuration is key to me.

I also see no issue with notification center. It receives notifications. I mean it does what it's suppose to do. And really your entire post validates my posts. iOS is just easier. There really shouldn't be a huge Learning curve to learn a phone.

When I got my s3 was excited. Woohoo look at all of these settings. Once I was done playin with all the new I found myself irritated that things didn't run as smooth and as together as iOS.

You will probably argue with me but not sure how you can argue with my opinion. I feel iOS is better than android because iOS does what I need it to, it looks awesome and is stream lined with all my other apple products.

To me android is best suited for people that feel the need to tinker with setting and such. I don't even jailbreak because I like the way my phone runs with out the jailbreak.

Thanks

I never said iOS was more configurable. Intact the lack of configuration is key to me.

I also see no issue with notification center. It receives notifications. I mean it does what it's suppose to do. And really your entire post validates my posts. iOS is just easier. There really shouldn't be a huge Learning curve to learn a phone.

When I got my s3 was excited. Woohoo look at all of these settings. Once I was done playin with all the new I found myself irritated that things didn't run as smooth and as together as iOS.

You will probably argue with me but not sure how you can argue with my opinion. I feel iOS is better than android because iOS does what I need it to, it looks awesome and is stream lined with all my other apple products.

To me android is best suited for people that feel the need to tinker with setting and such. I don't even jailbreak because I like the way my phone runs with out the jailbreak.
    That is my whole point. It works fine out of the box if you don't want much customization (individualism, whatever you want to call it). I personally want MY phone to be different than the stock without having to jump through hoops each time a new version of IOS comes out and then you have to wait on the JB for it if you customize it. You seemed to be upset about it being a simple phone for a simple person comparison. There is nothing wrong with that. If i was going to get my 84 year old mother a cell phone, it would probably be an iPhone if the screen was big enough for her to see, but it is not.
    They are not as intuitive as most believe. If you are coming from a BB there is still a learning curve. Heck, even our prestigious grand poobah can't make a call on one the first try or two.

I've had the 4 and 4s. They were nice, compact phones that were great music players. They just didn't meet MY needs.

My wife has a personal RAZR MAXX and for work a 3GS (don't ask, somebody with AT&T business accounts apparently needed to move a bunch of old phones). She absolutely hates the 3GS (stock). I haven't looked at it closely, but think it is on the latest IOS version it can run. It runs it......barely. Her battery never lasts her a full day at work.

As for streamlined... I HATE that abomination called iTunes. My brother recently got a new 4S on AT&T, and I had to spend a while on the phone instructing him how to make custom ringtones from his music collection. He wanted to know how long it took me to make mine and I told him about 40 seconds. Longest part was deciding which section I wanted my on-phone application to use. I have an iPad I like, but have not had any Android tablets (personal) to put through the paces with to see if I want to convert over on the tablet format. The iPad is doing everything I need it to do ( other than being processor/memory limited).
    Last edited by Tperry; 09-10-2012 at 10:23 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone itsjustlenny's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to agree with subywrex. it's a matter of opinion. For ME, android is nifty but when I want reliable I need my iPhone. I had a friend lend me a Samsung galaxy s2. I learned how to root and flash roms. I used it for a few days, and honestly speaking it just lost it's magic. There was no "wow" factor. I really really wanted to like it.

I don't care (enough) for quad core processors or 2 gigs of ram (maybe these are things YOU look for when looking for a new phone). Simplicity is king for me. Again it just comes down to PREFERENCE. I'll admit android does have some features that I would love to have on my stock iPhone. But in the end it's just not enough to make me want to make the switch (yet).

Samsung admits they are not as good as apple.. Funny though

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    from responses i've gotten lately, this website is apparently only for those who only love apple, everything apple does is pure mana from heaven. Any negativity towards apple is not tolerated and if you dare to like samsung then you should die.

When did this site turn from being a forum about tweaking and modding a cool device to one where many of it's users think it's only for a pro-apple / screw-anything-else "discussions"?
    This website used to be such a nice place, back when we were all jailbreaking iphones using tricky convoluted methods

now, this website seems to just spawn hate and angry fanboys. The staff writers aren't helping the situation either, as many "articles" are posted purely to fuel this hate or "articles" are written that are misleading, false, or written with the tone of a disgruntled pre-pubescent fanboy. If you post something about samsung you're told to get off this site. Yet almost every day there's a new staff "article" about samsung on this site. "oh but it relates to apple" - true, but so do countless other things that dont get front page space here. It's always the negative stories about samsung. Why not post a story about how successful the galaxy s iii has been? Nah, that won't get clicks and tons of hateful comments.

I want this site to become what it used to be again.
    i lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustlenny View Post
    I have to agree with subywrex. it's a matter of opinion. For ME, android is nifty but when I want reliable I need my iPhone. I had a friend lend me a Samsung galaxy s2. I learned how to root and flash roms. I used it for a few days, and honestly speaking it just lost it's magic. There was no "wow" factor. I really really wanted to like it.

I don't care (enough) for quad core processors or 2 gigs of ram (maybe these are things YOU look for when looking for a new phone). Simplicity is king for me. Again it just comes down to PREFERENCE. I'll admit android does have some features that I would love to have on my stock iPhone. But in the end it's just not enough to make me want to make the switch (yet).
    Agreed. Android is promising but just not there for me yet

That is my whole point. It works fine out of the box if you don't want much customization (individualism, whatever you want to call it). I personally want MY phone to be different than the stock without having to jump through hoops each time a new version of IOS comes out and then you have to wait on the JB for it if you customize it. You seemed to be upset about it being a simple phone for a simple person comparison. There is nothing wrong with that. If i was going to get my 84 year old mother a cell phone, it would probably be an iPhone if the screen was big enough for her to see, but it is not.
    They are not as intuitive as most believe. If you are coming from a BB there is still a learning curve. Heck, even our prestigious grand poobah can't make a call on one the first try or two.

I've had the 4 and 4s. They were nice, compact phones that were great music players. They just didn't meet MY needs.

My wife has a personal RAZR MAXX and for work a 3GS (don't ask, somebody with AT&T business accounts apparently needed to move a bunch of old phones). She absolutely hates the 3GS (stock). I haven't looked at it closely, but think it is on the latest IOS version it can run. It runs it......barely. Her battery never lasts her a full day at work.

As for streamlined... I HATE that abomination called iTunes. My brother recently got a new 4S on AT&T, and I had to spend a while on the phone instructing him how to make custom ringtones from his music collection. He wanted to know how long it took me to make mine and I told him about 40 seconds. Longest part was deciding which section I wanted my on-phone application to use. I have an iPad I like, but have not had any Android tablets (personal) to put through the paces with to see if I want to convert over on the tablet format. The iPad is doing everything I need it to do ( other than being processor/memory limited).
    There is a difference between a learning curve from a non (or half) touch screen to an all touch screen than there is from touch to touch.

When someone is use to physical buttons taking them away causes confusion. I mean my 2 year old daughter knows how to unlock my phone and iPad swipe through pages open folders and open a game she likes. Lol

Not saying that the same cant be done for android cause its same basic concept. But iOS is far more intuitive than android. It took me two phone calls to even figure out how to get back to the call I was in. And I'm not just an average user. I'm very much a tech geek and understand technology.

But to each there own. 👊👍
    Last edited by subywrex; 09-12-2012 at 02:22 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345