Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Will Be Refreshing the iMac

Thanks

Default Apple Will Be Refreshing the iMac

Apple is currently set to launch a new lineup of iMac desktops in the near future and according to reports, the debut is now “imminent.” Clayton Morris of Fox News while “citing sources” reported that Apple is prepared to launch new models in the near future but declined to offer a specific timeframe. He cited as recent evidence the fact that supply of Apple’s larger 27-inch iMac models has been dwindling at Apple’s retail stores and third-party resellers.

Morris wrote “It’s possible the iMac announcement could happen at the rumored October iPad mini announcement, but I’m not holding my breath for that. Apple has been known to update the desktops without much fanfare.” Furthermore, analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said that two new iMac models would be among 8 new product launches from Apple this fall. He estimated that both a 21.5-inch and 27-inch iMac will be available before the end of October.

He also indicated that the new iMacs will not feature high-resolution Retina displays like the newly updated 15-inch MacBook Pro. The refreshed iMacs are currently rumored to have a redesigned exterior with an improved “full-lamination process” for the screen’s cover glass. It’s being said that the new production method is apparently more difficult for the larger 27-inch iMac, which reportedly has a lower production yield rate than the 21.5-inch model. Other information reported on the new iMacs included the specs, including Intel’s latest generation Ivy Bridge processors, as well as USB 3.0 ports and expanded solid-state drive capacities. Morris said that the new design will also be slimmer thanks to Apple removing the dedicated optical drive.

We’ll find out more concrete evidence soon enough when the announcement is officially made probably in the near future.

Source: Fox News
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 09-07-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

NOOOOOOOOO Leave the optical drive!!!!!

While not bothered enough to type several "o"s, I have to agree... no. This isn't a laptop - leave the optical drive alone.

"Apple will be refreshing the iMac"........no ****** ****.

Green Apple
    Thanks

its a desktop computer and since media is moving away from physical to digital it seems like a thing those who need get a external one which would also go on the desk it doesnt seem like a bad thing since average person does not use the optical drive that often really, with itunes netflix hulu and other less the reputable sources for media the ages of dvd and cd is all but dead

there are gew i could see this bothering majorly, such as old school dvd renters (red box or netflix dvd) but more likely then not you have a dvd player for your tv, and photographers for burning client disk or other similar things but those fit in the buy external and connect

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Shouldn't the title of this post be "Apple may be refreshing the iMac" ?

Great, I was hoping for blu ray burner...: (

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Just get an external optical drive. I already use one.

Yes, but if I'm paying close to four grand, I'd like it to be built in, just saying. ; )