Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Verdict Isn't Scaring HTC Into Settling With Apple

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Samsung Verdict Isn't Scaring HTC Into Settling With Apple

Last week, as a California jury awarded Apple one billion in damages from the alleged iDevice copiers at Samsung, HTC was likely weighing its own options as the company continues to wage war with Apple in the courtroom.

Although we don't know for sure what executives for HTC thought as the verdict was read on Friday, it doesn't appear that Samsung's smackdown intimidated HTC in any significant fashion. As a result, new reports are coming to light Wednesday to suggest that HTC isn't going to back down one bit.

"HTC and Apple have been battling over patents," Digitimes reported this morning. But according to Cher Wang, chairperson of HTC, "despite Samsung's recent lawsuit loss, HTC does not have any intentions to settle."

HTC, which makes a plentiful bounty of Android-powered devices, could gain immeasurably from a victory against Apple. And so the company is allegedly planning to double-down on the case and give Apple the fight of its life in court.

Wang noted that HTC has great skills in innovation and has the confidence to face legal lawsuits with Apple. Samsung's loss, added Wang, does not mean the failure of the entire Google Android ecosystem.
    HTC, however, hasn't focused all of its energy on the legal skirmish. In fact, the hardware giant is expected to release at least three new Android devices before Apple's 6th generation iPhone likely reaches consumers in late September.

Source: Digitimes

how come apple doesn't sue Google, after all Samsung and htc both share android.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,755 Times in 892 Posts

HTC shouldn't be scared. Samsung were stupid and obviously copied making almost identical phones! At least HTC phones look different. And they are cheap and plasticy, nothing like the expensive glass iPhones.

Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    how come apple doesn't sue Google, after all Samsung and htc both share android.
    Because its the hardware they sue not the software

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^^Because Google have a lot more significant patents than Apple, significant as in how data is transferred through wifi and not something like square black box with rounded corner. I can guarantee you Apple would lose in the end if it is Apple vs Google.

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    And they are cheap and plasticy, nothing like the expensive glass iPhones.
    Are you calling the 3G/3GS cheap because it was plastic. And I prefer it bein plastic because it's harder to brake but the glass does feel nice.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

HTC shouldn't be scared. Samsung were stupid and obviously copied making almost identical phones! At least HTC phones look different. And they are cheap and plasticy, nothing like the expensive glass iPhones.
    iPhone 1 was plastic, iPhone 3G was plastic, iPhone 3GS was plastic. Only the current 4 and 4S is glass. So if you ever owned any of the previous generation you had a EXPENSIVE and "plasticy" iPhones.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    Are you calling the 3G/3GS cheap because it was plastic. And I prefer it bein plastic because it's harder to brake but the glass does feel nice.
    Certainly the 3G and 3GS don't feel as high quality as the 4 and 4S.

Certainly the 3G and 3GS don't feel as high quality as the 4 and 4S.
    It didn't seem that way if you've never held a iPhone 4 before. It certainly felt way superior then any Nokia phones, and before that, I thought Nokias weren't that bad...

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    .... previous generation you had a EXPENSIVE and "plasticy" iPhones.
    You do realize that there are different quality of plastics. The 3G and 3GS certainly used some of the better quality ones. Better then any of the Nokia's or Samsung's during the same time period.
    Last edited by RyoSaeba; 08-29-2012 at 01:18 PM.

iPhone 1 was plastic, iPhone 3G was plastic, iPhone 3GS was plastic. Only the current 4 and 4S is glass. So if you ever owned any of the previous generation you had a EXPENSIVE and "plasticy" iPhones.
    Sir, Iphone 1st gen was aluminum, where did u find plastic on that phone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RyoSaeba View Post
    It didn't seem that way if you've never held a iPhone 4 before. It certainly felt way superior then any Nokia phones, and before that, I thought Nokias weren't that bad...

You do realize that there are different quality of plastics. The 3G and 3GS certainly used some of the better quality ones. Better then any of the Nokia's or Samsung's during the same time period.
    +1.

HTC have never made an expensive feeling phone.

HTC = High Tech Crap

Quote Originally Posted by rcm View Post
    Because Google gives out Android for free, at least on the surface it is.

iPhone 1 was not plastic, but metal.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevin132 View Post
    Sir, Iphone 1st gen was aluminum, where did u find plastic on that phone?
    Bottom of the back that black plastic piece that cracks and breaks near the connector.

The reason the iPhone doesn't feel cheap is it doesn't fall apart and you dont have access to the battery unlike most phones which makes it feel a lot less cheap than otbers

Some of you just look like complete idiots to me. Who cares how expensive it looks, feels, or is?! All I am worried about if it does what I want it to do, not what some random stranger will think when they see me with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    Some of you just look like complete idiots to me. Who cares how expensive it looks, feels, or is?! All I am worried about if it does what I want it to do, not what some random stranger will think when they see me with it.
    Who cares if we look like idiots or not?

This is a very interesting time for patent law. I would never have any expectation that HTC would suddenly back down. This is where their chance to influence the future of these patents. Why would they drop such an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    Who cares if we look like idiots or not?
    Your wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post
    Your wallet.
    Why should my wallet care if I look like an idiot?!

All I am worried about, is if my wallet has enough cash for what I want to do, not if some random stranger will think I look like an idiot when they see me with my wallet.
    Last edited by raduga; 08-30-2012 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    Why should my wallet care if I look like an idiot?!

All I am worried about, is if my wallet has enough cash for what I want to do, not if some random stranger will think I look like an idiot when they see me with my wallet.
    Lol. How dare you purchase things just because you like them!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast