+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mozilla Launches Firefox 15

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
If you’re a Firefox user, you can now download the updated Firefox 15 today. The update includes some optimization enhancements and bug fixes. In addition, it comes with some new
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Mozilla Launches Firefox 15

If you’re a Firefox user, you can now download the updated Firefox 15 today. The update includes some optimization enhancements and bug fixes. In addition, it comes with some new features for users and developers. To get the update, you can go to Firefox > About Firefox on Mac, or Help > About Firefox on Windows and the download will initiate automatically. Alternatively, you can download the update manually from the links provided below.

For users, Firefox 15 now includes silent background updates, support for SPDY networking protocol v3, performance enhancements for WebGL with compressed textures for gaming that use much less memory, and localizations in Maithili. Firefox 15 also introduces memory enhancements that reduce the amount of memory used for Firefox add-ons that the user downloads themselves to improve the browser's functionality.

Web developers will now be able to enjoy a JavaScript debugger built right into the developer tools, a new inspector layout view, a precise event timer, inclusion of the CSS word-break property, and a new feature that allows developers to quickly switch between desktop and mobile versions of Web sites right from their computer. Firefox 15 also adds new support for a couple of HTML 5 elements.

The full list of changes and known issues can be viewed from Mozilla’s Firefox 15 change log at this link.

The new Firefox release does not appear to break any of the necessary plug-ins or popular add-ons, so go ahead and grab it! Firefox 15 is available for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux. Download links are provided below:
    Sources: Mozilla
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 08-28-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I miss the days when Mozilla used version numbers correctly and this would have been version 9.8 or something. This is getting ridiculous. Is FireFox the new AOL or something?

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

No matter how much you increase the number to make it look like a major upgrade, it'll never be as fast or as good as to use as Chrome. I honestly read every other month that Firefox has had a major update -_-

Thanks

PMSL. I remember a similar thread just weeks ago when FF14 came out and I said it would only be a month till this. Looks like I was right. Stupid Firefox. I honestly think we'll be on v20 before the new year.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to wait for October 2012 when Firefox 30 comes out.

Thanks

I swear I just downloaded FF 14 not too long ago.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor2213 View Post
    I miss the days when Mozilla used version numbers correctly and this would have been version 9.8 or something. This is getting ridiculous. Is FireFox the new AOL or something?
    Does it really matter? It's a version #. Id really just like to see a Firefox iOS App. That'd be nice.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigbaba's Avatar
    Thanks

Yet no one complains when Chrome does it...

Chrome Releases

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ozzie5374's Avatar
    Thanks

Geez. Sounds like all you folks are going through that time of the month! I've found Firefox to be really great on iMac with some nice customisations and addons. Get over it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    No matter how much you increase the number to make it look like a major upgrade, it'll never be as fast or as good as to use as Chrome. I honestly read every other month that Firefox has had a major update -_-
    I agree with you but chrome is on like version 22. And Firefox has been out way longer than chrome has.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bryman21 View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to wait for October 2012 when Firefox 30 comes out.
    I'm waiting for March, 2017 for when firefox 2012 comes out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Can't use Chrome until LogMeIn makes a legitimate plugin for it! In the meantime, Firefox will do just fine for me.

Thanks

Best browser in the world. The tons of add-ons available is the main reason why I use Firefox

Thanks

Those add-ons doesn't make Firefox stable... I have a lot of crashes when using add-ons..
    Unveil Mac OS X secret features ▸ www.defaults-write.com

Thanks

True, when ever firefox updates, add-ons are no longer compatible with the new versions. However, the basic add-ons I use always work and they are good enough

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ozzie5374's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
    I'm waiting for March, 2017 for when firefox 2012 comes out.
    Then we'll all be waiting for the new iPhone 10.....or will it be the iPhone 11??