+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Says It Plans to Fight Verdict... Aggressively

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Last Friday's verdict against Samsung did little to make the tech giant want to stop fighting Apple. In fact, as of Tuesday morning, Samsung is ready to fight again -
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Samsung Says It Plans to Fight Verdict... Aggressively

Last Friday's verdict against Samsung did little to make the tech giant want to stop fighting Apple. In fact, as of Tuesday morning, Samsung is ready to fight again - and harder than before.

Although Apple has already been awarded $1 billion in damages (a figure that could triple before the smoke ultimately clears), Apple went for the jugular on Monday by asking for a sales ban on an entire slate of Android-powered Samsung mobile devices.

The Wall Street Journal confirmed today that Samsung is promising to fight Apple in the U.S. with "all necessary measures." For Samsung, however, such a fight may actually be a fight for survival in the smartphone space, especially if Apple succeeds in achieving a market ban on the Galaxy S 4G, Galaxy S2 AT&T, Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Galaxy S2 T-Mobile, Galaxy S2 Epic 4G, Galaxy S Showcase, Galaxy Prevail and Droid Charge.

Not surprisingly, Samsung will seek to overturn the verdict, "first through post-trial motions with Judge Koh" and eventually through an appeal if it comes down to it. Correspondingly, no one will be shocked during this potentially protracted process if Samsung requests an appeals court to stay a preliminary injunction.

So how will this saga eventually conclude? For now, even the most conjecture-happy of market analysts and industry watchers are reluctant to weigh in.

Source: WSJ

Green Apple
    Thanks
    One billion is enough. Seeking a sale ban is ridiculous, what should happen is a mandatory software update that rids of any patent violating nonsense and any models that follow should not violate design patents. And of course all royalties should continue to be paid for said devices using design patents already on the market. They should not be banned though, that is not the answer.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Google had enough of Apple going after companies using its Android OS (HTC and Samsung to name a few), it is taking its own patents plus the acquired Motorola patents to file a lawsuit against Apple. They seek ban on just about everything Apple makes. Looks like Google is out for blood, good luck Apple you will need it.

Thanks
    They should be banned its the only way to stop Samsung from copying someone's work I hate Samsung's
    Cell phones because of that

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Google had enough of Apple going after companies using its Android OS (HTC and Samsung to name a few), it is taking its own patents plus the acquired Motorola patents to file a lawsuit against Apple. They seek ban on just about everything Apple makes. Looks like Google is out for blood, good luck Apple you will need it.

But, But... Doesn't this stop innovation?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Read the article on Gizmodo. Amazing amount of inconsistencies with the Jury's decision.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Modding life View Post
    They should be banned its the only way to stop Samsung from copying someone's work I hate Samsung's
    Cell phones because of that
    Apple has them hurt time to go in for the kill!

Apples got them hurt now it is time to go in for the Kill!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trek-life View Post
    But, But... Doesn't this stop innovation?
    Maybe Apple's type of "innovation", take something in existence improve on it then say it invented it.
    By now it is "What is good for the goose is good for the gander".
    Google have to step up and do something, it has already gone way out of control.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I hope google tears them a new one.

Banned
    Thanks

I love my iphone and macbook to death but i hope apple gets raped in the booty with no lube by google

Thanks

To the first guy... Apple is within their legal right to ask for the ban. It would be no different than if you had invested millions in a project only to have your neighbor copy it and sell it for less, undercutting you and making more profit.

And to the second guy... you are clueless. Apple isn't in any danger. Apple was the innovator, not google. It has ALWAYS been people playing catch up since the iphone debuted...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    Apple has them hurt time to go in for the kill!

Apples got them hurt now it is time to go in for the Kill!
    That's right, fan boys. Bully someone into submission so you can have a monopoly in the industry. Apple doesn't "innovate" or "invent" things. They take other ideas, change them, patent the "idea" and "shape" and then sue everyone who competes with them. They are threatened by Samsung and their fantastic line-up of phones. I'll continue to buy Samsung because of their superior hardware, superior OS and everything in-between. Their ridiculous patents need to be invalidated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Apple innovates quite well. Pull down notifications? Patent for NFC payments? 7" tablet? Patent for display glasses?

Yeah, Apple doesn't copy at all, they just "innovate". I used to like Apple, now they are the worst form of hypocrisy.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Byock For This Useful Post:

Holyloktar (08-28-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ferris419's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't care how Apple gets their awesome devices on the market they are far more superior than any other cellphone maker on the market and have been since the first iPhone .... As long as these other company's keep using that junk buggy android os I will never own anything other than an apple product! If apple is stealing others ideas and making them the best device on the market good for them because obviously the others don't know how to utilize their "inventions"

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hayesimus View Post
    To the first guy... Apple is within their legal right to ask for the ban. It would be no different than if you had invested millions in a project only to have your neighbor copy it and sell it for less, undercutting you and making more profit.

And to the second guy... you are clueless. Apple isn't in any danger. Apple was the innovator, not google. It has ALWAYS been people playing catch up since the iphone debuted...

There is plenty of info here from reputable source: Google
    Google is now seeking ban on sales in U.S. on just about all Apple product. What is important is that these patents is not industry standard therefore Google do not have to license patent to Apple, in essence Apple have to stop using it and find an alternative.
    I back my info up with actual data, you backup yours with hearsay who is the clueless one?
    Last edited by unison999; 08-28-2012 at 03:35 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Micturition View Post
    One billion is enough. Seeking a sale ban is ridiculous, what should happen is a mandatory software update that rids of any patent violating nonsense and any models that follow should not violate design patents. And of course all royalties should continue to be paid for said devices using design patents already on the market. They should not be banned though, that is not the answer.
    My thoughts exactly. Screw Crapple

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm really starting to hate Apple. Like somebody has already said, I hope they loose big time on this.
    Last edited by swifty7; 08-28-2012 at 04:09 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Dont count on it.

http://m.gizmodo.com/5938219/why-the-apple-v-samsung-ruling-may-not-hold-up

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ferris419 View Post
    I don't care how Apple gets their awesome devices on the market they are far more superior than any other cellphone maker on the market and have been since the first iPhone .... As long as these other company's keep using that junk buggy android os I will never own anything other than an apple product! If apple is stealing others ideas and making them the best device on the market good for them because obviously the others don't know how to utilize their "inventions"
    There is so much stupidity in this response. So what you're saying is regardless of WHO invented it that Apple should be allowed to take their invention, modify it and stamp it as their own and then sue anyone who tries to compete? Their phones are not "far more superior than any other cellphone maker on the market". If it were so Apple would have sold so many more devices than Samsung, which is not the case. iOS was just as choppy and buggy as Android when it first came out. Android is now a very well-polished OS that out-shines iOS in every aspect.

...If apple is stealing others ideas and making them the best device on the market good for them because obviously the others don't know how to utilize their "inventions"
    is just an asinine statement. You lack intelligence, BUT you nailed it on the head how Apple operates. Thank you for confirming what we already know.
    Last edited by Holyloktar; 08-28-2012 at 04:29 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Superior?

I am suppose a superior phone would let you download simple mp3 file or powerpoint attachment and save it, or it would let you delete a mp3 off your phone if you dont like it. Iphone does neither natively.

Before all the apple's fanboys jump on me, i do own all iphone including the very first iphone while it still doesnt have an appstore yet, and i do have an ipad 2. Its just that apple is falling way behind on the innovation race now.

Please excuse my grammar.