+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Production of 13.3-Inch MacBook Pro With Retina Display Already Under Way

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Production of 13.3-Inch MacBook Pro With Retina Display Already Under Way

Production of a a 13.3-inch retina display MacBook Pro is under way according to a CNET report today.

NPD DisplaySearch analyst Richard Shim told CNET production of a smaller 2,560 x 1,600 display are under way and that “The supply chain indications are that it’s for a MAcBook Pro 13.3.” Apple’s usual partners including LG Display, Sharp, and Samsung will manufacture the displays.

While the 15.4-inch MBP with Retina Display experienced shortages early on Shim expects the 13.3-inch production to be much high during its launch period. The 15.4-inch production equated to an initial run of a few hundred thousand units “versus one to two million for the 13.3,” according to Shim.

In a bitter twist of patent fate Samsung appears to be Apple’s most reliable supplier of Retina Displays with LG Display and Sharp having lower yield rates and more production problems. Cramming the same number of pixels on a smaller screen is no easy task, and as such the pixel density of the 13-inch display will be even mor representative of the “Retina” moniker.

Source: CNET

Thanks

Seems like "retina" would make its way to the larger machines first... i.e. iMacs. I'm sure these will eventually be the only Pro laptops by next year this time, but I still say that high of a resolution on a 13" screen (hell, even my 15" Retina) is unnecessary.

Curious to see what they do with the graphics, as well as pricepoint. If they put an 802.11ac chip in there, I'll be pissed.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

Thanks
    Do anyone know would the MBA becomes cheaper when the MBP retina display release?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brian8534 View Post
    Do anyone know would the MBA becomes cheaper when the MBP retina display release?
    Doubtful... why would it?
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

Thanks

Yeah, i'm not sure why they are putting the iMac's on the back burner. I would love to see one with Retina. Most that utilize Mac's for graphic purposes have iMacs in my world. Guess we have to play the waiting game.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Yeah, i'm not sure why they are putting the iMac's on the back burner. I would love to see one with Retina. Most that utilize Mac's for graphic purposes have iMacs in my world. Guess we have to play the waiting game.
    But WHY?? The iMac's screen is already powerful enough as it is. Who in their right mind would want an even higher resolution on a display such as the 27" iMac?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ruslan120 View Post
    But WHY?? The iMac's screen is already powerful enough as it is. Who in their right mind would want an even higher resolution on a display such as the 27" iMac?
    Yeah, I'd have to agree. I have a 21.5" and it already has a very clear screen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ruslan120 View Post
    Exactly, in my mind retina display is only beneficial with the smaller screens. Tbh even the 15' MBP retina seems unnecessary to me.