Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sony Reveals Sound Forge Pro is Headed to the Mac

Thanks

Default Sony Reveals Sound Forge Pro is Headed to the Mac

For those of you who are in the audio editing industry, you might have been following a series of teaser videos that reveal Sony’s upcoming app, Sound Forge Pro, is finally making its way to the Mac OS X. As of right now, no specific details regarding a release date or any other release information have been announced. One thing we do know is that the site called FinallyOnTheMac.com, which has been teasing a big Mac release in the near future that has been pointed out to be Sony's audio editing and production app, Sound Forge Pro.

According to the site, the app will be “Reforged, Reinvested, and Refined.” What Sony is referring to when saying this is still yet to be discovered. Regardless, this is good news for audio producers and engineers who like using the Sound Forge software and prefer to use Apple hardware and the Mac OS X as opposed to its Windows counterpart.

You can watch the video teaser below:

More information is likely to be revealed on the site in the future so we’ll know more of what’s to come soon enough.

Source: FinallyOnTheMac via MacRumors

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes!!! Adobe sound booth is ok, but I've used sound forge since I was a teenager. Soooo excited.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is this like a fancy Audacity?

FINALLY. Ive been waiting for Logic 10 or X to come out but since this is a thing a think i might just buy it. I didn't want to spend hundreds on old software (Logic Pro 9 is more than 3 years old). This is the best news ever. And no its not a pimped out audacity. its a full blown DAW (digital audio workstation). Orgasm

Eh, I loved Sound Forge when it was Acid but I've moved on to Ableton for my DAW

Adobe sound booth is terrible. The need to make adobe audition for Mac.

I'll continue to use Reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by MoarCowbell View Post
    Eh, I loved Sound Forge when it was Acid but I've moved on to Ableton for my DAW
    Sound forge is different than Ableton or Acid. Sound forge is not a DAW its more of a post production/editing tool. Acid pro is still around btw. But They serve two different purposes. Basically acid is to create music while sound forge is where you would take your completed tracks to be cleaned up a bit
    mod/edit links removed.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Exactly. You record and mix in Acid. You edit and massage (and record too) in Soundforge.