Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mac Steam Users Can Now Download Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Thanks

Default Mac Steam Users Can Now Download Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

If you are a PC gamer and in many cases, even if you arenít, Iím sure youíve heard of Valve. A new version of the companyís flagship series and one of the most popular PC gaming titles ever Ė Counter-Strike Ė has arrived on the Mac OS X via Steam. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is the fourth title in the CS series, which to date has sold more than 27 million units.

Valveís release of CS:GO for the Mac along with the previously released Portal 2 for the Mac shows that the company has been pushing towards reaching Mac users. Although the Mac platform isnít particularly known for gaming as many games donít even support it, itís nice to see that developers are pushing for multi-platform releases slowly opening up more games to the Mac OS X. The best part about it all is the fact that the Mac version has very reasonable system requirements with CS:GO looking for an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor with 2GHz or better, 2GB of RAM, and an ATI Radeon HD 2400 or better or a NVIDIA 8600M or better.

Gamers can look forward to the following features from the game:

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) will expand upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched 12 years ago.

CS: GO features new maps, characters, and weapons and delivers updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.). In addition, CS: GO will introduce new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.
    If you are interested in playing, you can do so by purchasing the game which is now available via Steam for $14.99.

Source: Steam

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Playing it right now.. And it is pretty awesome.. Glad to see mac, pc, and ps3 players all in the same servers.. Too bad 360 was left out..

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

That's neat. I like being able to game a little on the Mac, although last year when Star Wars The Old Republic came out, I gave up and built a fast gaming PC for $500....

Oh ****... Not a gamer at all and CS is the only game that I did play when growing up. I'm stoked!