+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mac OS X 10.8.1 Beta Said to Improve Battery Life Substantially

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Mac OS X 10.8.1 Beta Said to Improve Battery Life Substantially

We previously reported that Retina MacBook Pro users who upgraded to OS X Mountain Lion were noticing degraded battery life. The tests ran showed a 38% decrease in battery life, moving from eight hours of battery life on a single charge under OS X Lion to just five hours under OS X Mountain Lion. It is not being reported by Softpedia that OS X 10.8.1 which recently entered developer testing shortly after the previous report addresses this battery life issue. According to a developer who was testing the beta out:

“Until I installed 10.8.1, my MacBook was showing 4h:05m after a full charge,” he said, referring to the amount of time before the battery would deplete completely.

“After installing 10.8.1 it's showing over 8h,” he said. “I'm now able to use my Mac throughout the day again without having to carry my charger,” said the happy developer.
    This developer wasn’t the only one noticing a difference either. According to another report from Apple’s discussion forums, a similar major boost to batter life under OS X 10.8.1 was apparent for others too. The strange thing about the issue is that not all users reported having issues in the first place. Some users said that their battery life actually increased since updating to OS X 10.8 so the specifics are a bit hazy.

The first pre-release beta of OS X 10.8.1 was released to Apple’s developer community earlier in the month. Documentation that accompanied Build 12B13 revealed its aim to correct a display noise issue when using Thunderbolt but didn’t mention anything regarding battery life. This version will be the first maintenance release for OS X Mountain Lion and usually updates such as this one are generally pushed out sooner rather than later in order to address severe bug issues. Something as large as battery life issues is probably something that would be deemed a high priority but at the same time, it should be noted that the company hasn't specifically addressed the topic in the release or other documentation associated with the test builds being distributed either.

Source: Softpedia

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh great.. I was on the phone with applecare for like 30mins trying to explin to them how my battery went from great to crap within 2 weeks... They suggested it was a 3-rd party Shockwave Flash... After reinstalling my whole system nothing changed.. I see this -_-

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

They band-aide something iOS screwed up, took them long enough.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

happy to hear full charge its at 2:30 min, at 97% its at 2hrs
    this is a brand new 2011 mac still under warranty, i was getting 8 hrs before 10.8 i thought something was a miss

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    They band-aide something iOS screwed up, took them long enough.
    It's not iOS, its OS X