+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Statistics reveal that Apple's Genius Bar is a Huge Success among Customers

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Statistics reveal that Apple's Genius Bar is a Huge Success among Customers

New statistics reveal that Apple users are taking advantage of the company’s Genius Bar support, as more than 50,000 customers were reported to have been utilizing the retail feature each day. The company also revealed that its stores have seen nearly 300 million worldwide visitors so far in its fiscal 2012 year, which began in October of 2011. The details were all shared by Apple as the Cupertino California company opened two new retail stores over the weekend in Canada (one in Halifax, Nova Scotia and another in Coquitlam, British Columbia).

Given the success that Apple’s retails stores have seen, the company has been experimenting with larger Genius Bars that can service more customers. To do this, the company has been rotating Genius Bars by 90 degrees so that they are perpendicular to the rear wall of the store, rather than up against the back wall where they have been traditionally positioned. These new Genius Bars also emphasize the use of iPads to help manage customer service records. The changes with the Genius Bar were also one of the key features that Apple added in the recently reopened Apple retail store in New York City’s SoHo neighborhood.

Aside from the Genius Bar, the Cupertino California company is also looking to make the stores they own larger to help accommodate more customers. One of the profiles issue earlier this year found that Apple’s stores were “bulging at the seams” with an average square footage of just 8,400 square feet. When the company’s retail operations began 11 years ago, the company initially targeted 6,000 square-foot stores as the ideal size according to Charlie Wolf of Needham & Company. The stores have since grown and currently are unable to accommodate an average annual increase of 15.3% visitors on a per-store basis.

Source: The Loop

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Genius Bars have always appeared to me as nothing more than Apple Fanboys "helping" clueless mainstream consumers that can't operate a computer unless guided click by click.

From my experience they do less educating customers and more biased Apple or nothing nonsense

Thanks
    Thanked 2,624 Times in 1,027 Posts

So when you say appear to you, are you saying you have never used the genius bar for trouble-shooting or help with an apple device not operating properly? If so, give it a try before you smack down on them.

I've always been impressed with the service I Receive at the apple store especially the genius bar.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Genius Bars have always appeared to me as nothing more than Apple Fanboys "helping" clueless mainstream consumers that can't operate a computer unless guided click by click.

From my experience they do less educating customers and more biased Apple or nothing nonsense
    The funny part is you must know it all eh?

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    The funny part is you must know it all eh?
    Actually I have to agree with the guy.
    The whole Genius Bar only a few people that is technically efficient to fix things, even then when your problem gets too technical they start calling their advisers. I see most of them go on their laptops typing in symptoms and locating solutions to fix things. If they can not fix it, they bring out refurbished model.
    Fortunately for them most problem they face is minor problems, easily fixed. Lots of their customers have problem with their phone, all they have to do is swap with refurbished model and problem solved! So technically they fix nothing, but it is convenient for customer and probably why they have "huge success".

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

In my limited experience with them I have been less than impressed. I had the backlight bleed issue with my iPad 2 back when it came out and went in there to exchange 3 different iPad 2s because of it and each time a different genius would try an give me some bs technical jargon to make it sound like there was no problem at all until I pointed out the flaws in their arguments and had them exchange it anyways. And by no means am I a know it all, they just assume every person that comes in is tech stupid, which I guess would prove right more often than not.

Green Apple
    Thanks

My experience with the Genius Bar is frustrating at best. Being told a broken home button is a software issue and sent home twice with no satisfaction???? It was an hour drive each way. Glad on the THIRD TRIP (with a very long winded argument) they replaced it with a refurb while under the first year of my extended warranty.... I think it speaks of their poor service overall as a company, but these "geniuses" are nothing more than poorly educated jobbers.

My two cents, yes...but it's the reflections of my experiences with them.

Thanks

I no this is off topic, but y cant we delete our own posts here? Y can we only edit them?

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iH85CH001 View Post
    I no this is off topic, but y cant we delete our own posts here? Y can we only edit them?
    Only mods can delete them when appropriate

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The Genius Bar will always be a hit....until they turn into your typical car dealership and start charging just to diagnose problems and then apply that cost to the repair if you choose to do it.

Say it won't happen. I dare you. O.o

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    The Genius Bar will always be a hit....until they turn into your typical car dealership and start charging just to diagnose problems and then apply that cost to the repair if you choose to do it.

Say it won't happen. I dare you. O.o
    It won't happen.
    No way.

if Apple ever comes up with a scheme for monetizing the Genuises
    (not unlikely)
    it will be so amazingly beautiful and sexxy that even YOU, dear RICO_, will be blown away by the glamour.

car dealership? no
    a new paradigm that revolutionizes and transcends the service industry? maybe
    sour grapes for you? probably