+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Achieves Historic Market Cap on Monday

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
On Friday, shares of Apple soared to reach and close at a new record all-time high of $648. But the record would only have the weekend to survive as Monday
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Apple Achieves Historic Market Cap on Monday

On Friday, shares of Apple soared to reach and close at a new record all-time high of $648. But the record would only have the weekend to survive as Monday brought with it two astonishing new feats for the prominent Mac maker.

This afternoon, shares of AAPL once again zoomed to the upside, touching a new record high of better than $664. In the process, Apple also reached a new market cap threshold never before seen in the long history of global business.

As of this writing, Apple is not only just the world's most profitable company today... it's also the most profitable company in history. This morning, Apple's market cap reached $621 billion. Before today, the highest market cap ever reached was by Microsoft back in 1999 when the computer software giant's market cap reached $618.9 billion.

Shares of Apple are projected to keep on climbing through the remainder of 2012 as the company is poised to release several new and refreshed products that will all but certainly be huge sellers during the 2012 holiday shopping season.

Source: Apple

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

A fine achievement.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    what goes up must come down.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Man I should have bought more than two stocks a few weeks ago. Of course I am new to having the ability to purchase individual stocks as all previous employers I have had confined investment choices to only mutual funds.

Should I buy more?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bencjedi View Post
    Man I should have bought more than two stocks a few weeks ago. Of course I am new to having the ability to purchase individual stocks as all previous employers I have had confined investment choices to only mutual funds.

Should I buy more?
    I wish I bought stock in Apple about 10 years ago!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Exclamation hey
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarolin Vargas View Post
    what goes up must come down.
    seriously... i don't know why these apple hates even visit this site?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Most valuable inflation adjusted company though?!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    There is nothing good about a company this big BUT having said that, a huge achievement.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,624 Times in 1,027 Posts

This is great. I don't remember people hating on Microsoft in 1999 for absolutely controlling the computer world. But once apple does people have **** to say. If you don't like apple you don't like them.

But this is a huge achievement for ANY company. Especially the rival of the second biggest profitable company.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Alluziion's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Most valuable inflation adjusted company though?!
    ^ This.

Unfortunately for Apple, it's been thirteen years since Microsoft reached a record $618bn. Inflation on $600bn+ over thirteen years would position it much higher than Apple's current cap. Nevertheless, as long as they don't disappoint with the 6th gen iPhone, the iPad Mini and new HDTV venture - the company's value will continue to rise.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Should I buy more?
    I suggest you do buy more but id wait for a lull when the share price will drop again. youd still make money even if you bought them now at record levels as theres are a few products coming out (Mini iPad, Apple TV, new iPhone), but the stock usually drops a bit after a surge. Ive been keeping an eye on the stock since 2006 (Bought them @ $135) & that seems to be the trend. I also snapped up a few shares recently when they dropped to $550. I wouldnt be at all surprised if by this time next year stocks will be worth $1000 or more

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Might want to edit this story.
    Apple fails to become the most valuable company - The Inquirer

Petrochina still appears to be ahead of Apple, though is apparently partly State-Owned. Apple would be the most valuable 100% Public Company it seems.
    Regardless, this doesn't take inflation in account. I wouldn't consider Apple's current value to be eclipsing that of Microsoft from 1999. If you adjusted Microsoft 1999 figures, they would certainly still far out shine Apple.
    Microsofts earlier record is still more impressive for the time that it was.
    Last edited by feidhlim1986; 08-21-2012 at 05:27 AM.

Thanks

I wish i had the extra funds to invest at all..times are tough. Pennies are being pinched and its till hard. Good luck to all of you who can afford stocks..buy them up. Im sure the Apple will continue to rise.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Figures I bought 8 more and then 30 minutes later the stock dropped. The only reason I am able to buy any is that I recently parted with my former employer and got a rollover IRA. At Fidelity you can setup a brokerage type of rollover account and be able to purchase individual stock (or mutual funds). I'm not used to this level of control in all the places I've worked the last 2 decades. So onward Apple!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Figures I bought 8 more and then 30 minutes later the stock dropped. The only reason I am able to buy any is that I recently parted with my former employer and got a rollover IRA. At Fidelity you can setup a brokerage type of rollover account and be able to purchase individual stock (or mutual funds). I'm not used to this level of control in all the places I've worked the last 2 decades. So onward Apple!
    I wouldnt stress too much about that. The stock will rise again, especially once the sales figures of iPhone 6th gen (and remember this one isnt a minor update) are released. There will probably be a slight drop after the media event cos people seem to always be disappointed that certain features werent included but its usually followed by record sales. If however, they announce an iPad mini or apple tv or cable box, then the stock will shoot up.