+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple, Samsung Settlement 'Chat' to Take Place Today

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple, Samsung Settlement 'Chat' to Take Place Today

Last week, MMi reported that Apple CEO Tim Cook and Samsung CEO Choi Gee Sung have been ordered by the judge in their ongoing trial to once again speak in hopes of reaching a settlement outside of the legal system.

“I’m going to make one more request that CEOs from both sides speak by phone,” U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh said Wednesday. “It’s at least worth one more try,” she added, stressing that “it’s time for peace.”

Just this morning, however, we learned that the mandated phone conversation between the two respective chiefs at Apple and Samsung may take place today - that's assuming it hasn't already. Bloomberg says that lawyers for both companies will promptly report back to the presiding judge later today once the latest powwow has ended.

Samsung is seeking as much as $399 million in royalties from Apple for infringing its patents, according to court testimony. Apple presented testimony that Samsung owed it $2.5 billion to $2.75 billion in damages.
    Unfortunately, almost nobody expects a meaningful resolution to come from this conversation. The bad blood is said to be so strong between the warring tech giants that it now seems unavoidable for an eventual resolution to come from anywhere but inside the courtroom where the titans are presently battling it out.

Source: Bloomberg

Thanks

I'm sure it will be a pleasant chat.

Thanks

I hope Samsung wins! I'm a iPhone user since the 3gs,
    currently rockin a iPhone 4 and Samsung S2.
    I'm disappointed in apple for making a Bully move on Samsung.
    (Hating on the competition) SMH..{=,=}
    And I'm pretty sure, Apple's "The New iPhone" has nothing on the Samsung Galaxy S3. That's why they want to bully Samsung for coming out with the S3 first.

Just how Sony were going to release the PS3 first,
    but Microsoft heard about the date and beat them to it.
    It's crazy how the "Rich stays rich and the poor stays poorer" - William Harrison
    Last edited by Dreammaker23; 08-20-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Dark_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dreammaker23 View Post
    I hope Samsung wins! I'm a iPhone user since the 3gs, currently rockin a iPhone 4 and Samsung S2.
    I'm disappointed in apple for making a Bully move on Samsung.(Hating on the competition) SMH..{=,=}
    And I'm pretty sure, Apple's "The New iPhone" has nothing on the Samsung Galaxy S3. That's why they want to bully Samsung for coming out with the S3 first.

Just how Sony were going to release the PS3 first,
    but Microsoft heard about the date and beat them to it.
    It's crazy how the "Rich stays rich and the poor stays poorer" - William Harrison
    Umm dude really? You realize the 360 was announced before the PS3? And Sony was the one who tried to beat Microsoft to the release date first.. Just like they are trying to do with the PS4! Get your facts straight before u type it publicly.

http://www.vicrosdesigns.net/imgs/DNsigv3.png

Thanks

I'm going for Apple, not because I hate Android, as my next phone might very will be an HTC, but because I agree that Samsung did in fact copy Apple shamelessly in some areas of their products.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

just compromise apple give them 400 million samsung give apple 2.5 billion :P

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's clear that even the judge involved in these cases is sick of this crap

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

This is so ridiculous now I say they just rock-paper-scissor over a pot of money and call it a day.