Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pod2g: No One is Working on Jailbreak for Apple TV 3

Thanks

Default pod2g: No One is Working on Jailbreak for Apple TV 3

If you have been one of the many people who have been patiently waiting for a jailbreak to be released for the third generation Apple TV (1080p), then you are going to be very disappointed. According to the popular iOS jailbreaker, pod2g, he isnít working on a jailbreak for the Apple TV 3 and he doesnít know anyone else who is either. In a recent tweet, pod2g mentioned the following:

ATV3 jailbreak: I have no news sadly, I'm not currently working on it nor anyone that I'm aware of. Sorry...
    The third generation Apple TV was released in March of this year (2012) and has yet to see any progress regarding the jailbreak scene. The second generation Apple TV has been jailbroken on all iOS software versions and is therefore able to get past all of restrictions that Apple has put on it. You can run software such as XBMC and other media management apps, allowing you to access media stored on file servers and even play media types that are not supported by Apple.

The fact that there isnít any progress in the jailbreak scene for the Apple TV 3 will make the demand for the second generation Apple TV in the used market, skyrocket. For those of you who own a second generation Apple TV and donít see the need to jailbreak, you can sell yours, buy a third generation Apple TV, gain the ability to watch videos in 1080p, and still come out ahead financially as the prices for the second generation Apple TVs are increasing.

For those of you who have an Apple TV 3 and were waiting for something to come about, you may have to reconsider what you want to do.

Source: pod2g (Twitter)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Akshay Masand For This Useful Post:

raduga (08-10-2012)

Not trying to be ungrateful but.. You guys really need to work on writing articles faster. You guys write about things days or even weeks after the original source you use

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I guess modmyi doesn't know about FireCore/Seas0nPass.

aTV Flash (black) | FireCore

They have been jailbreaking atv since the first version. yeah yeah, it's not free..... but it works great and has free updates .

Just because it says they are working on it doesn't mean they really are, many of these companies that charge wait till somebody releases a jailbreak into the open source arena then repackage them nicely and sell them on. Saying it's in the work is usually just a sales ploy. Next they'll be saying they're upping the price to force a few people to buy it before they actually need too.

Where did you read that Seas0nPass can jailbreak the ATV3?

FireCore doesn't come up with the exploits, they depend on the exploits from the dev teams. If no one is working on a jailbreak then Seas0nPass will not jailbreak the ATV3.

BTW, jailbreaking the ATV2 with Seas0nPass is completely free to anyone, aTV Flash (black) is the one you have to pay for if you want some extra functionality but it's not needed if all you want is NitoTV, XBMC, Plex, etc

L413

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

They have been jailbreaking atv since the first version. yeah yeah, it's not free..... but it works great and has free updates .

Banned
    Thanks

I got the ATV3 thinking the jailbreak wouldn't be to far away. Now this is really dissapointing. I should've gotten the ATV2 instead of wasting my time with this POS.

Maybe I should sell mine

I got a ATV2 and what is the point exactly? NitoTV just has stuff to customize which I don't care for. And 70% of the links don't work on ice films. So what exactly are the benefits? I'm probably going to sell it and buy a 3.

Quote Originally Posted by k1653d View Post
    I got a ATV2 and what is the point exactly? NitoTV just has stuff to customize which I don't care for. And 70% of the links don't work on ice films. So what exactly are the benefits? I'm probably going to sell it and buy a 3.
    Main benefit for me is the media player / plex. I have a ton of movies I stream from my computer.

I purchased a 3 and took it back after I saw no real difference between the 2 and 3. My thoughts are save your money

Thanks

Don't have an apple tv do I'm good but I'm sure the only reason is because of ios6

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I got the ATV3 thinking the jailbreak wouldn't be to far away. Now this is really dissapointing. I should've gotten the ATV2 instead of wasting my time with this POS.
    I dont think you need to worry. A good solution for the ATV3 users right now is to get Airparrot and instal XBMC or anything else you like then stream the content from your computer. Ive been doing this on my ATV2 for hulu and other sites to test it and its flawless.

Airplay is a huge game changer now!

I have atv2 and its working great, only thing thats better in atv3 is its1080p but without jailbreak its not worth the upgrade. Oh and for those still using icefilms why dont you use 1channel instead, almost all the links are working, also recommend watchseries if you like catching up tv episodes that you missed.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish, but no. Don't kid yourself, firecore does not make the jailbreak, idk if you noticed but Seasonpass or w/e its called only updates once the dev team came out with a jailbreak. So they can write w/e they want on there website, doesnt mean **** until an actual JB comes out. kinda lame tho giving people false hope.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

And I guess you don't know that the Apple TV 3 still has not been jailbroken. By anyone. Period. That's what this article is about..
    Last edited by jeffrh; 08-10-2012 at 09:57 AM.

I have an iPhone4 with the plex app installed on my iPhone, Plex Media Server on my Computer, and ATV3. I just use the Plex app on my iphone and airplay what im watching to my ATV3. If all you're going to need the JB for is to watch your own media from your comp then an ATV3 plus plex is fine, and you still have the 1080P capability.
    Last edited by gramirez85; 08-10-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Same here. Now it just sits. I don't even have it plugged in. I also have a Western Digital Live TV which works great. I stream my movies from my Home Server running PS3 Media Server. The jailbreak is necessary to make the ATV3 worth having.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmaxx2000 View Post
    Maybe I should sell mine
    Might be a good idea if you don't need a jailbroken Apple TV. If you look on ebay, you could buy 2 new ATV3 for what you can sell an untethered ATV2.

"No One Is Working On Jailbreak for Apple TV 3"

No, I most certainly am not

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    "No One Is Working On Jailbreak for Apple TV 3"

No, I most certainly am not
    Noooooooooooooo!!!!

Thanks

To be honest i don't even use my apple tv anymore. Don't see the point. Its a streamer..i have tons of them in the house already. I bought it hoping for more capabilities. Yes i've used it as a media server and changed the backrounds and added slide shows...beyond that its not what i thought it was. Waiting for the real Apple HDTV..then i'll worry about a jailbreak :]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast