Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pod2g: No One is Working on Jailbreak for Apple TV 3

My only use for my JB ATV2 is to watch web content not available on the ATV, like the so-called "web only" content on Hulu. f mirroring from my iMac is pretty good quality, I don't see any reason to hang onto my JB ATV2, so I'll probably sell it and get the ATV3.

Quote Originally Posted by k1653d View Post
    I got a ATV2 and what is the point exactly? NitoTV just has stuff to customize which I don't care for. And 70% of the links don't work on ice films. So what exactly are the benefits? I'm probably going to sell it and buy a 3.
    If you're looking to watch copyrighted movies for free through XBMC there are options other than Ice Films. There's Project Free TV (video plugin) and Navi-X (program plugin), and I'm sure there are others.

Other plugins, like Hulu and Free Cable, are also nice because you can watch full episodes of things from many different networks without having to clutter up your DVR.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Not trying to be ungrateful but.. You guys really need to work on writing articles faster. You guys write about things days or even weeks after the original source you use
    I agree. ModMyi used to be the site I watched for modding news specifically, but there have been lots of hacks and mods that have been released by the Dev Team that have never made the light of day on this site.

This thing is rubbish without a jailbreak...DON'T BUY ONE!

The tedium of converting content to add to itunes library then having to have itunes open (I have a NAS) and running to stream to the atv cannot be adequately described by a man with my vocabulary.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I got the ATV3 thinking the jailbreak wouldn't be to far away. Now this is really dissapointing. I should've gotten the ATV2 instead of wasting my time with this POS.
    Same here... :-(

Since my TV is 720p and not 1080p it made no sense for me to get a ATV3 I purchase an ATV2 just one week before ATV3 came out. Jailbroken (untethered) Plex and XMBC and I am set. Its awesome. Love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

I know the a ATV3 jailbreak will come with iOS6 I am sure or close behind but for now I am good. And for the person that posted about above about FireCore working on a jailbreak.. only if an exploit is found by the devs then they repackage it and send it out in Seas0nPass. Without the exploit Seas0nPass dies. They advertise thinking someone else is working on it.

I haven't jailbroke mine in a while. Now don't really care with Hulu+ now on it.

I don't care for it to stream media right now because I have it in the same room as my 27in iMac and the atv is on a 19in screen. Mainly use it to have something going on while I play games.

As for other rooms I use MediaLink to stream to my PS3s in the other rooms.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If anybody wants to trade their ATV3 for my jailbroken ATV2, PM me!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Bought an ATV3 on launch. used it almost never. Recently sold it for $80 and purchased a raspberry pi. Cheaper, smaller, and more versatile.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I sold one of my ATV2s that was still NIB about a month and a half ago for $192 on eBay. Those things catch quite a tag!

Not trying to be ungrateful but.. You guys really need to work on writing articles faster. You guys write about things days or even weeks after the original source you use
    In Akshay's defense,
    in this case, the "source" was an 18hr-old tweet.
    8:10 AM - 9 Aug 12 via Twitter for iPhone Embed this Tweet
    Maybe he could have posted it sooner, like within nanoseconds.
    Or maybe pod2g could have tweeted it days or even weeks ago. But that wouldn't be Akshay's fault.

Mostly, I'm happy they write about it the subject at all.
    The trouble with the ATV3 jb is....
    nobody has been writing about the fact nobody is working on a jailbreak
    Even if Akshay posted it weeks or months later, (instead of 18 hours)
    it would be helpful warning.

I just bought atv3 last Friday I'm willing to trade for atv2 I'll pay for both your shipping and mine
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c0dy View Post
    Last edited by bigmike3; 08-11-2012 at 12:21 AM.

Since my 2G is not jailbroken and probably wont be I may consider selling and getting the ATV3. I have all SHSH saved for it also.

Hey I'm not complaining. I just sold 2 ATV2's for $175 each haha. I wish I had more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Since my 2G is not jailbroken and probably wont be I may consider selling and getting the ATV3. I have all SHSH saved for it also.
    Not sure SHSH is necessary for Apple TVs. I successfully downgraded mine despite not having any SHSH saved. You have to log into your mac with the admin account and change a hidden "known host" file to allow it. I forgot which OS I installed, but it was one that Apple was no longer signing.

It made me wonder if it could be done on the iPhone as well...I haven't tried it.

Here's the thread on the FireCore forums showing how to do it. I had to alter the directions a little to get it to work for me...find the replies by "AUZambo" to see what I did.

**EASY**Downgrade to 4.3 firmware on apple tv 2 | FireCore

Quote Originally Posted by CrAkD View Post
    Hey I'm not complaining. I just sold 2 ATV2's for $175 each haha. I wish I had more.
    Wow...just looked on Amazon and they're selling for over $200 there. Just last week they were between $130 & $150.

This article was posted less than a day after pod2g's original tweet. Maybe you need to slow your roll, and chill a bit. This isn't headline news.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's sad because we pretty much need it to enjoy our atv's . I always donate though and I'm sure other people do as well.. They could make money Jb'ing it

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Geniuss View Post
    It's sad because we pretty much need it to enjoy our atv's . I always donate though and I'm sure other people do as well.. They could make money Jb'ing it
    I don't really think that's their goal in the first place. They do donations because some people are kind enough to support this stuff. Yes, they get some money from it, but I don't think that's their overall goal with jailbreaking. Otherwise, they'd just be selling them instead of making 'em free.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by discostar View Post
    I agree. ModMyi used to be the site I watched for modding news specifically, but there have been lots of hacks and mods that have been released by the Dev Team that have never made the light of day on this site.
    I'm sorry, can you share what modmyi has missed out on?

Quote Originally Posted by c0dy View Post
    I will buy anyone's ATV2!

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    How much?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12