+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Close to Seeding OS X 10.8.1 Update to Developers

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Close to Seeding OS X 10.8.1 Update to Developers

Apple is already readying builds of OS X 10.8.1 to seed to developers according to MacRumors.

The report claims Apple is making preparations to release the first maintenance update to OS X Mountain Lion which debuted two weeks ago. Apple’s turnaround time for the first update to their new OS X releases is traditionally rather quick as problems that need addressing begin popping up shortly after Apple seeds the gold master to developers. comparatively speaking Lion’s first update OS X 10.7.1 came out 27 days after launch and 10.6.1 came out 13 days after the launch of Snow Leopard.

Exact details of what the update will fix, but a number of bugs including system errors and freezing when doing something as simple as taking a screenshot of the desktop have been documented as well as some users being unable to wake their systems from sleep. However, the fix that is on everyone’s mind has everything to do with Apple’s iCloud and its password reset policy.

Apple is also working on an update to OS X Lion with version developer version 10.7.5 already released for testing.

Source: MacRumors

Thanks

Good- few more weeks and an update or two and maybe I'll finally install the thing.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I haven't had any problems with ML really except for the freezing thing. It seems to make my MBA run faster and better than when it was on Lion actually. There were a couple instances where it did freeze up on me when doing things too quickly, but it only happened twice. Thought it was normal since it returned control to me quickly both times. Well anyhow, looking forward to this update to resolve that freezing issue.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've experienced a couple of Messages crashes and minor bugs related to gestures but other than that it's been running just fine. I don't regret going for the 10.8.0 release at all.

Thanks

Was mountain lion supposed to change the function of shift+mouse click to the same as command+mouse click? I found it rather hard to select a large bunch of pictures in finder the other day...

Thanks

No? That's odd, mine works fine. I've been shift+clicking a bunch of files for the past few days moving my files around.

Thanks

Its actually very good on my MacBook Air. I did make a clone of my Lion partition though.

I don't actually use any of the new features, I just upgraded for better performance (and power nap). And I got both.

Thanks

I upgraded for the performance too. But it's actually also fixed my wifi issue when waking from sleep, the updates for Lion that supposedly fixed that never fixed it for me. ML got the job done finally lol. Oh but of course the AirPlay, that's a big reason why I also updated. Otherwise, I don't use anything else that was boasted about ML.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is the first version of os x i have to restart all the time.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

I really haven't seen anything but lagging when doing simple tasks on my MacBook Pro 2011.

EDIT: Well that and a bit of a battery life deficiency.

Thanks

One thing that has affected me is when u use fast user switching, and you go to a different account, the dock will disappear.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    I really haven't seen anything but lagging when doing simple tasks on my MacBook Pro 2011.

Really? Odd, did you ever try a reinstall? I have a 2010 MBP and it is running so much faster on ML than it ever did on Lion. Was even thinking about just downgrading to SL but ML did the trick just as well if not better for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Lol and to think people used to say this is the reason windows was crap because of service packs and patches looks like as apple is starting to get more of a user base they are having similar issues, I know its more software than security issues but still interesting to see. Although rather than call it a service pack or patch they will put the spin on it being an "update" (not bagging them out just mentioning)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post

You probably already did this but did you look at activity monitor to make sure you did have any background programs running? My computer actually freezes up when using firefox because of the memory leak they haven’t fixed in a year in a half. Love firefox because of add ons though, hate it because it freezes my computer. Had to switch back to safari which is faster now.