+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Study: 1 in 3 Consumers Will Buy an Apple HDTV

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Almost everyone in America today has a perfectly good and functioning television set. But when Apple releases its yet-to-be-confirmed connected HDTV, nearly one in three consumers will still line up
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Study: 1 in 3 Consumers Will Buy an Apple HDTV

Almost everyone in America today has a perfectly good and functioning television set. But when Apple releases its yet-to-be-confirmed connected HDTV, nearly one in three consumers will still line up to get their hands on Apple's "next big thing."

Although most Americans have a 7-year upgrade cycle with their living room television, Apple's debut product in this category will inspire millions of people to buck that trend and get the TV as soon as it's released.

A new study from Piper Jaffray shows that approximately 30% of survey respondents (folks who currently are NOT in the market for a new TV) said they would indeed purchase the Apple HDTV as long as it is priced at or below $1,500.

"The level of interest generated by the ecosystem potential shows how powerful the Apple ecosystem has become, as demonstrated by the fact that 67% of all survey respondents interested in the TV owned an iPhone, iPad, or both," writes veteran analyst and Apple watcher Gene Munster. "The bigger theme that is emerging from this data point is Apple is becoming less a product and more of a platform company that consumers find increasingly more difficult to leave."

As of this writing, Munster and his firm believe the Apple HDTV won't materialize until at least next summer, although a public confirmation and demonstration of the forthcoming product could come early in 2013.

Source: Barron's

Green Apple
    Thanks
    As long as it comes with cool features which is a given (I hope). And Blue-ray, hopefully better.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I wont be getting one. I recently got myself a projector, screen, and sound system all for under $1000. This setup connected to my Mac Mini is all I need. I get all the features of my mac projected to a 100" screen.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

It better be a good LCD with deep a*s black levels and high contrast ratio like Panasonic TV's otherwise I'm sticking with Panasonic.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The comical thing is that this "representative" survey was of only 200 people in a single area of one state.

-Luke

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    It better be a good LCD with deep a*s black levels and high contrast ratio like Panasonic TV's otherwise I'm sticking with Panasonic.
    Panasonic really? Terrible TV's. Even a Vizio provides better contrasts.

Overall, I think Apple's biggest competition will still be Samsung in this market =\
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Green Apple
    Thanks

i might get one, i just hope they stop suing competition

My iPhone is a Part of Me RandyTG's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Copy Cats
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post

Overall, I think Apple's biggest competition will still be Samsung in this market =\
    Then we can expect a new Samsung TV a year later that will look exactly like the iTV

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Micturition View Post
    As long as it comes with cool features which is a given (I hope). And Blue-ray, hopefully better.
    LOL, really?? Show me a TV that comes with a BluRay player! Besides, IF Apple makes this TV, why the EFF would they want to have a BR player built-in?? You'll have iTunes built-in, and maybe Hulu, Netflix, etc...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyTG View Post
    Then we can expect a new Samsung TV a year later that will look exactly like the iTV
    A black rectangle? I think they already have a few on the market.

Thanks

Horse ****. You couldn't get 33% of the people in America to go to the drive-thru at Best Buy to pick up a FREE TV. Whoever did this stupid survey should be draun and quartered. What a stupid bunch of BS.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LearningMan View Post
    Horse ****. You couldn't get 33% of the people in America to go to the drive-thru at Best Buy to pick up a FREE TV. Whoever did this stupid survey should be draun and quartered. What a stupid bunch of BS.
    AND whomever taught you english, grammar, spelling and manners should be DRAWN in a cartoonish manner just like you!

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post

Erm, you have no idea what you're talking about.........Panasonic TV's have super deep black levels and high contrast ratios. Panasonic is a worldwide brand and Panasonic own Pioneer Kuro's technology. Nothing will beat Panasonic TV's picture quality once they unleash the Kuro tech to compete with OLED TV's.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ill stick to my samsung displays thank you, from small monitors to the 52 inch i have samsung has never let me down...

Thanks

will check out Panasonic. For now, I'll stick with Sharp displays. I'll avoid Samsung as much as I can, just like I try to avoid anything Google as much as I can.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll stick with Sony led!! Sony is the best! Then its Samsung

Thanks
    Thanked 9,620 Times in 5,899 Posts

Me, I'll wait for the specs on it to come out before I make my choice, it will have to be awesome to beat my Samsung LED 6580 Series Smart TV.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mc-Lovin_341's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Micturition View Post
    BluRay is by Sony, I doubt Apple will get access to use that on their tv's

Thanks

This just in, 1 in 3 people will throw again several thousand dollars on an overpriced TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Mc-Lovin_341 View Post
    BluRay is by Sony, I doubt Apple will get access to use that on their tv's
    Blu Ray is not owned by Sony it is a combination of several companies, Apple would only have to pay licensing fees to use the technology, however seeing as how they don't use it on their desktops or laptops they probably wouldn't use it if they ever did (god help us) build a TV.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Erm, you have no idea what you're talking about.........Panasonic TV's have super deep black levels and high contrast ratios. Panasonic is a worldwide brand and Panasonic own Pioneer Kuro's technology. Nothing will beat Panasonic TV's picture quality once they unleash the Kuro tech to compete with OLED TV's.
    You are absolutley correct. I have 3 HDTV's and the Panasonic blows the others away. Granted it is a 3D tv that was voted best tv of the year last year for it's 2D and 3D picture. And it already has plenty of Apps built in (Netflix, HULU, Facebook to name a few)and has its own app store. I am watching the Olympics right now with an HDTV antenna (near Philadelphia so signal is strong) and the picture is true 1080p and the picture is amazing. Love Apple products but if you buy their tv you will be buying an outdated tv with 4K tv's(4times the resolution of current tv's) being released later this year.

You will be buying a tv with full access to give your money to the apple store(itunes store). That will be the biggest reason for the release of this tv.
    And that's fine if that's what you want from a tv. I'd personnally wait for the second or third release. Apple is famous for holding back to get you to buy every generation.