+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Starts Posting Refurbished 2012 MacBook Pros Online

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple just released the 2012 MacBook Pro lineup this June, not even two months ago. Already, the company is posting refurbished versions of the MacBook Pro computers on their Web
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Starts Posting Refurbished 2012 MacBook Pros Online

Apple just released the 2012 MacBook Pro lineup this June, not even two months ago. Already, the company is posting refurbished versions of the MacBook Pro computers on their Web site for a reduced price from the new version. Refurbished MacBook Pro computers come with replaced computer cases and keyboards and come with the same one-year AppleCare warranty you get when you buy a brand-spanking-new one.

The new 2012 MacBook Pros come with the latest ivy bridge processors, 1600Mhz memory, 5400RPM hard disk drives, and integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics. The refurbished version of the 2012 MacBook Pro is eligible for the OS X Mountain Lion up-to-date program, which means that if you buy the computer and it has Mac OS X Lion on it, you can download and install OS X Mountain Lion for free.

The newest MacBook Pro hasn’t even been out for two months yet, so getting a refurbished model means that the computer is still adequately new and it’s going to behave like a new computer will. The refurbished option is a great way to save a little money on a new MacBook Pro for your computer needs, as it's about $180 cheaper.

As of this writing, Apple appears to have gone out of stock of the refurbished 2012 MacBook Pro, which sold out quickly, as it was in stock this morning. It shouldn’t be long before they get a few more units up for sale, so keep your eyes peeled and you might be able to pocket the savings.

Sources: Apple via 9to5Mac

Thanks

Jeeze Louise has their quality control slipped or what?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Jeeze Louise has their quality control slipped or what?
    What?!

Having refurbished (anything) has often little to do with quality control. The bulk of refurb goods is demo models , over stock returns from retail markets, etc. Some come from customer returns for whatever reason to no fault of the product return the item. And then at the very least end of the scale are repaired defective items.

I sell many refurbished computers among our new and used supply each month. We have the privilege of knowing the reason for refurb status from our suppliers and almost all of them are unopened demo models.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Probably returns by OCDs with imaginary imperfections.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBlue View Post
    What?!

Having refurbished (anything) has often little to do with quality control. The bulk of refurb goods is demo models , over stock returns from retail markets, etc. Some come from customer returns for whatever reason to no fault of the product return the item. And then at the very least end of the scale are repaired defective items.

I sell many refurbished computers among our new and used supply each month. We have the privilege of knowing the reason for refurb status from our suppliers and almost all of them are unopened demo models.
    +1
    A lot of times people buy 13 and return it for a 15inch because they realized they wanted a bigger screen I would probably say 95+% of the time it's because it wasnt exactly what they wanted or need not because it was defective
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm.... this price is so tempting....

Although best Buy usually has a Christmas sale on Macbooks for ~$200 off.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Already? Dang, usually it takes them a while to sell refurbed MacBooks. It's still 2012 and they have 2012 models up? Nice. In 2011, I was hoping to grab a 2011 MBP but all the refurbed page had was late 2010 as the newest models available.

Hopefully this will be more consistent in the future when I am ready to upgrade to a newer MBP. I've never had a problem with the 2010 MBP I got from Apple refurbed so I definitely don't mind buying refurbed MacBooks. My dad seems to not have any trouble with his refurbed 2011 iMac either.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,621 Times in 5,899 Posts

I love my new 15" MBP, but the truth is I miss my 17" MBP. Only disappointment was the screen size but still happy with it for sure.
    For me, I'd just rather buy new then refurb, no matter what or why.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    I love my new 15" MBP, but the truth is I miss my 17" MBP. Only disappointment was the screen size but still happy with it for sure.
    A 17inch is like a desktop
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Thanked 5,544 Times in 1,932 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    +1

I agree, I have my 17inch old MBP and I'm disappointed they have decided against offering 17inch models in the new lineup.

I can understand why but still at the same time i would prefer to stay with the 17inch sizing...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor