Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is OS X Mountain Lion Crippling Laptop Battery Life?

ya mine is bad to but whats even worse is that it stays hot even in sleep mode....

Had the beta installed and never had a problem with it either. Now I have the public release and still working like a champ on a 2011 13" MBP.

2010 13" MBP 2.4ghz C2D 8GB RAM 500GB HDD 120GB SSD and no SLOTDVD

Went from OSX Lion to Mountain Lion and saw a big battery drain difference. I will be trying a fresh install of just OSX Mountain Lion this weekend but I lost about 2 hours on battery life. I am usually just browsing the web some short video clips, catching up on MMI, and working on Microsoft Excel.

way hotter. i installed. restarted, and then you hear the fans pickup big time within 2 min of being on. I instantly thought, if this thing doesn't fry my battery is definitely gonna be f---ed

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by islandremix View Post
    2010 13" MBP 2.4ghz C2D 8GB RAM 500GB HDD 120GB SSD and no SLOTDVD

Went from OSX Lion to Mountain Lion and saw a big battery drain difference. I will be trying a fresh install of just OSX Mountain Lion this weekend but I lost about 2 hours on battery life. I am usually just browsing the web some short video clips, catching up on MMI, and working on Microsoft Excel.
    I'm having the same issue and thought i was crazy.. I was running itunes or something small and the thing is going crazy. Legit i was like.. its the weather cuz its soo hot. Apparently its not..?

I was on skype and my battery lasted maybe 2hrs.. if that. MBP 15" mid-2011 8gb 500gb SSD.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

I'm experiencing some issues with battery life on my mid 2011 15'' MBP as well. Seems like I'm only getting about and hour and a half or so of battery life. Hope they find a fix soon it's definitely made my MBP a desk machine for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    I can't tell, cos Apple stupidly removed the "Time Remaining" Battery view in the Menu Bar.
    Wtf are you talking about dude? It's still there! Click on the drop down and click on "show percentage".

Not going to even bother upgrading lol

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I have a 2010 MBP and 2012 MBA on ML, neither are having excessive battery drain or heat issues.

Both were upgraded without a fresh install. Not sure why some people are experiencing this.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Wtf are you talking about dude? It's still there! Click on the drop down and click on "show percentage".
    WFT are you talking about? Show Percentage does not equal Show Time. Lion had both, Mountain Lion only has Show Percentage.
    You cannot display time remaining in the menu bar in mountain lion.
    Ok dude?

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moomiaowoof View Post
    Not going to even bother upgrading lol

ME TOO! I staying with Snow Leopard.

Are you guys sure that the Spotlight indexing is over? Most of the complains on Apple forums are cause they didnt let Spotlight end before arguing about the low battery life, also let it be for a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by WaLLy3K View Post
    I've been using 10.8 since the GM release on my Mid 2010 MBP (Upgraded with a Samsung 830 SSD) and haven't had any issues. In fact, I believe the estimated time remaining has become more accurate as it'll say I'm going to have 5 hours of life with Safari/Mail/Messages/Adium/Steam/iTunes and a few other apps open… and Steam isn't particularly friendly on the battery life, I've found.

Closing Steam, it estimates about 6 hours battery life on 97%. Lion wasn't that good, in comparison.

Thanks for sharing your view, even I want to install ML on my Mid 2010 13" model, so you said you use 2010 Mid MBP but which one 13" or 15".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12