+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Shipping Estimates for Retina MacBook Pro Improve to 5-7 Business Days

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Shipping Estimates for Retina MacBook Pro Improve to 5-7 Business Days

Shortly after Apple added new build-to-order configuration options to the low-end Retina MacBook Pro, it seems that shipping estimates have improved once again. They were previously shipping with estimated times of 1-2 weeks and that time frame has been reduced now to 5-7 business days in the company’s online stores. The faster turnaround time is showing up in the company’s online stores in the Americas as of right now and should be spreading to the company’s Asia-Pacific and European distribution channels shortly.

The shipping estimates for the Retina MacBook Pro quickly shot up to 3-4 weeks within just 36 hours of the new line’s introduction in June. It held at this level until mid-July before beginning to come down (very slowly at that). The most recent improvements came roughly two weeks ago when the estimates moved from 2-3 weeks down to 1-2 weeks.

Apple’s Retina MacBook Pro continues to remain one of the most visually stunning and cutting edge-laptops in today’s market since its unveiling. With its 5 million pixel display that offers more color, more contrast, and less glare it’s hard to find a laptop with a resolution that can compete. The Retina display isn’t all that it comes packed with though; other features include all-flash storage, long-lasting battery life, the Intel Core i7, next-generation Nvidia graphics card, and a number of ports, connections, and audio enhancements. With all of the features it offers, it isn’t a surprise to see it being hot in demand since its release.

Source: Apple via MacRumors

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Im still on the fence about buying one. I really want one, but I really don't agree with the cost.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's about $500 profit compared to a PC with that specs...way too much. I guess its called supply in demand.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DreamAce View Post
    That's about $500 profit compared to a PC with that specs...way too much. I guess its called supply in demand.
    I know right!!!