Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wintek Sales Surge Hints at iPad Mini

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Wintek Sales Surge Hints at iPad Mini

The iPad Mini may be coming sooner than expected. At least that's the expectation some now have in response to the latest news that Apple supplier Wintek is seeing a sales bonanza of epic proportions. The touch panel manufacturer is a key player in Apple's iPad production. And with no immediate plans for a 4th generation iPad on the table, the sales spike is highly suggestive of "something else" coming out of Apple's supply chain.

On Wednesday morning, Topeka Capital Markets analyst Brian White sounded off on the matter and made his case for what the evidence suggests. Specifically, sales for Wintek for the month of July came in "much higher than is the seasonal pattern."

"This July sales print represents the third strongest MoM growth rate for Wintek that we have on record for the Company through 2005 and clearly the best July performance," White tells investors this morning. "Wintek has generated over 50% of sales from Apple in programs such as the iPhone and iPad."

According to White, the most likely explanation for the sales uptick is a new Apple product. "If related to Apple, we believe the strength at Wintek could be due to the ramp of the 'iPad Mini,' rather than the iPhone 5 that is expected to use in-cell touch panels from leading LCD panel makers," he says."

Source: Barron's

Thanks

Good! Hold off on the Next "New iPad" and focus on the iPad Mini! Im hoping it has retina display..still hard to believe if the rumored price point sticks. I just don't see how they will sell it for $199 with retina but im hoping. I won't buy it if Apple is planning on using 3GS technology. Fingers crossed for a nice mini tab!

If this is $199 then that's the same price of iPod touch 4g. If it includes retina display and the A5 processor then iPad mini it is!

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Im hoping it has retina display..still hard to believe if the rumored price point sticks. I just don't see how they will sell it for $199 with retina but im hoping.
    99.9% sure it will have retina, Apple's not going to go backwards now. But $200?? I don't think so. Apple hasn't competed on price for decades for any of their products, why would they start now? I'm thinking $400 minimum...and they'll sell like crazy.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    99.9% sure it will have retina, Apple's not going to go backwards now. But $200?? I don't think so. Apple hasn't competed on price for decades for any of their products, why would they start now? I'm thinking $400 minimum...and they'll sell like crazy.
    Actually I can believe the price point if the display is not Retina and the Touch goes down in price to compensate for the price displacement.

I really don't expect a HD Retina (iPad 3rd gen) display on the rumored Mini, since the ppi ratio wouldn't be the same. It could be a retina (iPhone 4/S) ppi ratio display with an iPad 2nd gen resolution. That is likely given the display situation with Android tablets of the same display size.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

$299.99 retina iPad mini. Fits perfect. iPod 199.99. iPad $499.99. It makes logistical sense. They're surely not going to make it the same price as an iPod touch. They're not going to try to compete with themselves that's for sure, and they won't mark down an iPod touch given their popularity among teenagers and adults alike. A $299.99 price fits perfect, I can hear the ads now"get into iPad for less than $300.