+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hulu Plus Lands on Apple TV

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple today - without any fanfare or even much public awareness for that matter - updated its Apple TV set-top box. And guess what came with the update? Hulu Plus
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Hulu Plus Lands on Apple TV

Apple today - without any fanfare or even much public awareness for that matter - updated its Apple TV set-top box. And guess what came with the update?

Hulu Plus streaming video service is now on Apple TV.

Of course, if you didn't notice a software update, that's because one wasn't required. So if you don't yet have Hulu Plus access, simply restart the Apple TV (restart it form the settings menu) and you should be good to go.

If you're not already a Hulu Plus subscriber, the platform offers a free one-week trial. From there on out, you'll have to cough up $7.99 a month for access to the streaming service.

Hulu Plus is a welcome addition to the Apple TV family, where other offerings like Netflix, MLB.TV, the NBA, NHL, Vimeo, and YouTube are already firmly entrenched there. And thanks to a helpful connection with Apple's ubiquitous iTunes content, there is no shortage of entertainment options (movies and TV shows) available either for purchase or rental.

Source: Apple

Thanks

It's nice that AppleTV is increasing the out-of-the-box capabilities, but it's still not worth the $100 without a jailbreak. If I could only jailbreak one device I'd easily choose to jailbreak the AppleTV over my iPhone. It's amazing what XBMC can deliver.

Thanks

What can you even do with a jailbroken Apple tv?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    It's nice that AppleTV is increasing the out-of-the-box capabilities, but it's still not worth the $100 without a jailbreak. If I could only jailbreak one device I'd easily choose to jailbreak the AppleTV over my iPhone. It's amazing what XBMC can deliver.
    I agree although I use PLEX almost exclusively on my ATV!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iH85CH001 View Post
    What can you even do with a jailbroken Apple tv?
    For starters you can watch the free version of Hulu instead of paying for Hulu Plus. And you can watch other web content not included in Hulu. You can also watch other video formats that are not running through iOS. And you can do less-than-legal things to watch movies for free, but the legal stuff is good enough to do a jailbreak that is easy and free.