+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gas Leak at Apple Supplier Turns Deadly

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Sad news from Apple's supply chain today. According to The Wall Street Journal , one person at a Catcher Technology plant in China was killed in response to a gas
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Gas Leak at Apple Supplier Turns Deadly

Sad news from Apple's supply chain today. According to The Wall Street Journal, one person at a Catcher Technology plant in China was killed in response to a gas leak at the facility.

As of this writing, it is thought that four additional workers were also injured during the event. The gas leak is being blamed on hydrogen sulfide gas leaking into the factory from a liquid-waste treatment workshop in the Chinese city of Suzhou.

Although Apple is yet to comment on the matter, a representative for the Suzhou Industrial Zone said that three of the four injured workers are now in serious condition and the other has just been transferred out of intensive care.

It isn't clear how many people were present inside of the facility at the time of the deadly gas leak, but the plant in which this event took place has previously received a "black" rating, which the WSJ confirms is "the worst possible" by the Suzhou Municipal Environmental Protection Bureau.

Source: WSJ
    Last edited by Broomhead; 07-27-2012 at 08:12 PM.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

And of course, this is in China. Why am I shocked...? Surprising incidents like this don't occur more often there, they could care less about the safety of the workers.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    And of course, this is in China. Why am I shocked...? Surprising incidents like this don't occur more often there, they could care less about the safety of the workers.
    Not to be a jerk, but the phrase that I think you're looking for is "they couldn't care less". I see so many people make that mistake all the time. It might be small, but it genuinely changes the meaning.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stevelucky View Post
    Not to be a jerk, but the phrase that I think you're looking for is "they couldn't care less". I see so many people make that mistake all the time. It might be small, but it genuinely changes the meaning.
    zing!!!! And true, I don't understand why so many people put that

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

when i was in china, the cab driver told me that the government is not concerned about pollution. it just wants to catch up with the west. there are factories everywhere! i guess the lives of people don't matter so much either. however, i suppose the same could be said about the west.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Why is there a big Apple logo for this article? A parts supplier has nothing to do with Apple. They simply contracted them to make the parts. Safety and other concerns are that of the local government. It would be more apposite to put a Chinese flag on there or the picture of the actual incident.

Thanks

...one person at a Catcher Technology plant in China was killed in response to a a gas leak at the facility..
    Poorly worded... sounds like the person was executed lol...
    iPhone 4 16 GB + iMac 24" 2.9GHz + MBP 13" 2,2GHZ = AAPL 4 EVAAAA!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djnikk View Post
    Poorly worded... sounds like the person was executed lol...
    So we discovered a gas leak. And we're gonna blame THAT guy. Execute him!