Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 53 of 53

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Samsung: Apple Wouldn't Have Sold a Single iPhone Without Our Technology

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by pyroemaniac View Post
    For all the fan boys of apple do you really think that iOS 5's notification center is actually "new" and "innovative" as apple announced it? No. It is a blatant copy of androids very own notification system that was implemented years before iOS 5.
    IIRC, the notification center was actually inspired by a jailbreaker who released a jailbreak for iOS 4 that modified the pop up badges. And Apple hired that developer to work on iOS 5's notification center.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by RyoSaeba View Post
    IIRC, the notification center was actually inspired by a jailbreaker who released a jailbreak for iOS 4 that modified the pop up badges. And Apple hired that developer to work on iOS 5's notification center.
    That's all well and good but you have to wonder where that guy got the idea for the jailbreak tweak... think about it
    Last edited by pyroemaniac; 07-27-2012 at 03:48 AM.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by RyoSaeba View Post
    Remember, Apple designed the chips, especially the CPU's.
    Actually Apple did not create these chips them from scratch; they simply combined ARM processors and a GPU (like the PowerVR.) This is not the same thing as creating the chip as a whole by themselves.

  4. #44
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    114
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
    Someone please show me what a smart phone should look like that isn't "copying" the iPhone. The rectangle was used for cell phones ever since I had my first one. The color black has also been used for cell phones for a very long time. Just like the tablet debate. How the hell do you want a phone that isn't an iPhone to look exactly? Do you expect them to make a triangular pink phone just to make Apple happy? That new Galaxy Tab looks nothing like the iPad and Apple still sues about it. I think they are just mad because Samsung released a smaller tablet before them and is going to get first dibs at users looking for a smaller tablet to use.
    I'm still waiting for some mock ups of smart phones that Apple would be ok with...

    I bet they would be suing Microsoft or Nokia as well if Windows Phone had a larger role on the market. Maybe when Windows Phone 8 comes out and starts getting more market share Apple will sue them too.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
    I bet they would be suing Microsoft or Nokia as well if Windows Phone had a larger role on the market. Maybe when Windows Phone 8 comes out and starts getting more market share Apple will sue them too
    Too bad for apple Windows Mobile predates the iPhone by years...

    Maybe HTC should sue Apple because they did the groundwork moving towards fewer hardware buttons and larger screens...

  6. #46
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    114
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
    Too bad for apple Windows Mobile predates the iPhone by years...

    Maybe HTC should sue Apple because they did the groundwork moving towards fewer hardware buttons and larger screens...
    I disagree with the Windows Mobile comment...have you ever tried it? The UI is incredible and everything is incorporated nicely.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
    I disagree with the Windows Mobile comment...have you ever tried it? The UI is incredible and everything is incorporated nicely.
    I was a developer, rom chef & user of Windows Mobile for many years.

    My comment didn't say anything negative about the platform.

  8. #48
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    114
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
    I was a developer, rom chef & user of Windows Mobile for many years.

    My comment didn't say anything negative about the platform.
    I misunderstood your statement. I was thinking you said Windows Phone was outdated, but you were talking about Windows Mobile anyways. My bad!

    I'm trying to decide whether I want to wait for Windows Phone 8 or just get an Android now. The Galaxy S III is bad ***, but I am curious to see the new Windows Phone.
    Last edited by MaStA819; 07-27-2012 at 06:27 PM.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
    I misunderstood your statement. I was thinking you said Windows Phone was outdated, but you were talking about Windows Mobile anyways. My bad!

    I'm trying to decide whether I want to wait for Windows Phone 8 or just get an Android now. The Galaxy S III is bad ***, but I am curious to see the new Windows Phone.
    Suggestion SGS3
    Reasons: Screen, OS, thinness, Android Market
    But it's your choice just a suggestion

  10. #50
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    114
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thatboy12345 View Post
    Suggestion SGS3
    Reasons: Screen, OS, thinness, Android Market
    But it's your choice just a suggestion
    I may just wait until Oct/Nov until a new Galaxy Nexus comes out. I'd prefer spending $350 on an unlocked phone instead of getting stuck in another contract by getting a SGS3. Only thing is, if I wait, the amount I can get for my iPhone 4 also drops...

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by znbl View Post
    Actually Apple did not create these chips them from scratch; they simply combined ARM processors and a GPU (like the PowerVR.) This is not the same thing as creating the chip as a whole by themselves.
    I did not use the words "create" or "from scratch." Don't put words in other people's mouth. This is a perfect example that your view is so diluted that you are reading things that's not there.

    And my point still holds true that Samsung was merely the producer of those chips, and that if it wasn't Samsung, it would of been someone else. Samsung just happens to met all of Apple's needs at the lowest price. I mean, you really think Intel or AMD couldn't meet Apple's specifications? They just probably weren't the cheapest.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by MaStA819 View Post
    I may just wait until Oct/Nov until a new Galaxy Nexus comes out. I'd prefer spending $350 on an unlocked phone instead of getting stuck in another contract by getting a SGS3. Only thing is, if I wait, the amount I can get for my iPhone 4 also drops...
    True

  13. #53
    Apple really are the anal douchebags of the tech world... Choosing to sabotage the competition rather than bringing out the most attractive and feature-heavy product.

    Cus when it comes down to the basic school playground argument. "what can my phone do, what can your phone do?" Android wins. And Apple knows this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •