+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RoaringApps - OS X Mountain Lion App Compatibility Tool

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple’s CEO previously announced that the company is launching OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion on Wednesday, July 25 for $19.99. The newest operating system will be available to the public
    Thanks

Default RoaringApps - OS X Mountain Lion App Compatibility Tool

Apple’s CEO previously announced that the company is launching OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion on Wednesday, July 25 for $19.99. The newest operating system will be available to the public on the App Store. While the new features make the upgrade alone quite enticing, some of you might be hesitant due to the possibility of your Mac apps not being compatible with Mountain Lion, at least not right away.

A site named RoaringApps is here to help make the transition a bit smoother as it helps you determine whether your favorite apps are compatible with the Mountain Lion or not. The website contains a large list of apps that can be found in a table format, where you can determine whether the app supports the new version of OS X or not.

For those of you who are planning to upgrade to Mountain Lion when it’s released, this is definitely worth a look as it may save you quite a bit of trouble. With the apps organized by name and the ability to search, you can make sure you don’t have to go a day without your favorite apps. This should hopefully help in productivity and convenience when making the transition to the new operating system.

Source: RoaringApps via 9to5Mac

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Awesome and very helpful. Happy I don't rely on too many apps :]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Does anybody know if the compatibility terminal test that was previously posted here is 100% accurate in determining Mountain Lion hardware compatibility. According to it, my 5 year old dual core Mac Pro won't be able to run it☹ I'm all for the encouragement of people to update their systems, but come on Apple

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet.. but for some reason Parallels website says they are compatible with Mountain lion yet this site says it isnt. My Parallels 7 does not work on mountain lion kinda lame considering i use that everyday.

[http://www.parallels.com/ca/products...-requirements/
    Last edited by hitman10; 07-25-2012 at 10:33 AM. Reason: fix link

Thanks

all i needed was this to work::

i am good!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RoaringApps - OS X Mountain Lion App Compatibility Tool-screen-shot-2012-07-25-7.45.24-pm.png   RoaringApps - OS X Mountain Lion App Compatibility Tool-screen-shot-2012-07-25-7.45.49-pm.png   RoaringApps - OS X Mountain Lion App Compatibility Tool-screen-shot-2012-07-25-7.46.15-pm.png  
    Last edited by z3r01; 07-25-2012 at 05:50 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    Sweet.. but for some reason Parallels website says they are compatible with Mountain lion yet this site says it isnt. My Parallels 7 does not work on mountain lion kinda lame considering i use that everyday.

[System Requirements
    You have to update! you can update by clicking on "check for updates" from within parallels or go to the website and go to downloads and just reinstall the trial of parallels 7 and just put in your previous key to activate.