+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Succeeds in Banning Galaxy Tab 7.7 in Europe

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Succeeds in Banning Galaxy Tab 7.7 in Europe

Apple’s legal team has won an important legal battle recently, after a German court issued an injunction against the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 tablet. The injunction is said to ban sales of the small tablet in the entire European Union, not just Germany (where it had been off shelves already). The court found the design of the Galaxy Tab 7.7 infringed on Apple’s designs from 2004. The court also rejected Samsung’s argument that the ban should only apply to Germany and issued the ban across all of Europe instead.

Though the news overall is bad for Samsung, there was some good to the court decisions made recently as the court did not ban sales of the re-designed Galaxy Tab 10.1N in Germany. Samsung fired back at the ban of the original Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Germany by redesigning the case of the tablet slightly. The South Korean electronics company issued a statement saying, “Samsung welcomes the court’s ruling which confirms our position that the Galaxy Tab 10.1N does not infringe Apple’s intellectual property and does not infringe laws against unfair competition. Should Apple continue to make legal claims based on such a generic design patent, design innovation, and progress in the industry could be restricted.”

The whole ordeal has been very confusing to many as the Galaxy Tab 7.7 ruling seems to contradict a recent Samsung win in the United Kingdom, where a court ruled that Samsung’s tablet designs did not infringe on Apple’s patent. The legal battle between the two tech giants continues as no end seems near and court cases continue to attempt to resolve the issues at hand.

Source: The Next Web

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow talk about no mercy!
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I bet Steve jobs would be happy. LolZ

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buttrr76 View Post
    I bet Steve jobs would be happy. LolZ
    Hell yeah he would!
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

If you can't beat them, SUE THEM!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Thanks

Soon... Apple would take over the world

Green Apple
    Thanks

this a sick!!!!! why Apple not try to bann the Chinese copies of Ipad, Iphone that you can find every where around the world maybe for the commercial reason, this cause more damaged than Samsung.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Apple are just trying to bring samsung down a peg or two.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by voyagerxp View Post
    Apple are just trying to bring samsung down a peg or two.
    You don't say.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice

Banned
    Thanks

W! T! F!
    The Galaxy Tab 7.7 looks NOTHING like ANY iPad so where is the justification on this?
    I have both the iPad 3 and a Galaxy Tab 7.7 and they are completely different and there is nothing in common between the two except they are both touch screen tablets.
    Why wont Apple sue Asus or Acer or any other android tablet maker as they also have tablets that look just like the galaxy Tab 7.7????
    There are other tablets that look just like an iPad but they are still on the shelves and selling but something that looks nothing like the iPad is removed from sales? Its not right.
    Didn't Samsung make the screens for the iPads and iPhones? Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 7,004 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    W! T! F!
    The Galaxy Tab 7.7 looks NOTHING like ANY iPad so where is the justification on this?
    I have both the iPad 3 and a Galaxy Tab 7.7 and they are completely different and there is nothing in common between the two except they are both touch screen tablets.
    Why wont Apple sue Asus or Acer or any other android tablet maker as they also have tablets that look just like the galaxy Tab 7.7????
    There are other tablets that look just like an iPad but they are still on the shelves and selling but something that looks nothing like the iPad is removed from sales? Its not right.
    Didn't Samsung make the screens for the iPads and iPhones? Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.
    Maybe they are like a iPad that hasn't been released yet. A rumored one perhaps . These two companies seem to work closely together with parts etc. Maybe Apple is feeling Samsung is taking the things Apple is ordering from them and using them in their own products. Just a guess though.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    If you can't beat them, SUE THEM!
    exactly.
    Apple dont have a clue how to make a tablet better than the galaxy tab so instead they sue them and ban the sales of the better tablet. Not the smart way to do business but if you got the money to remove the competition instead of making a better device then thats the way you do business.

exactly.
    Apple dont have a clue how to make a tablet better than the galaxy tab so instead they sue them and ban the sales of the better tablet. Not the smart way to do business but if you got the money to remove the competition instead of making a better device then thats the way you do business.
    So they are suing Samsung over a device that hasn't even been made yet. If the design was from 2004 then what are they waiting for?
    Apple dont have any 7 inch tablets so if I was the judge I would throw this case out of court.
    Last edited by NakedFaerie; 07-25-2012 at 07:17 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 7,004 Posts

So they are suing Samsung over a device that hasn't even been made yet. If the design was from 2004 then what are they waiting for?
    Apple dont have any 7 inch tablets so if I was the judge I would throw this case out of court.
    Just giving you another perspective. I could be totally wrong, you could be totally wrong, we both could be way off and they are doing it for other reasons.

Thanks
    Wow, just wow.
    Who the he** is Germany to ban galaxy tabs in Sweden and the rest of europe??!!

Germany is a good and powerful country, yes, but why should they make decisions for the entire Europe?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CustomSS1 View Post
    Wow, just wow.
    Who the he** is Germany to ban galaxy tabs in Sweden and the rest of europe??!!

Germany is a good and powerful country, yes, but why should they make decisions for the entire Europe?
    It's an EU ban as the 10.1 ingringes on Apples EU community design for the iPad, this means that it's breaking the law in the entire of the EU which is why the German High court can ban it throughout the EU.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

W! T! F!
    Same here, I have the ipad2, and 3 and galaxy nexus 7 and There nothing in common abot them, maybe apple is just trying to eliminate the competition and the rumor that they will be producing a smaller ipad might be true

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sooooo the design of the tab looks like almost like an iPad but it matters what's inside. The iPad and that tab are totally different inside. (meaning the hardware) so idk what apple is saying. People won't take something for the looks only, but mostly the user experience.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can't seem to understand why people here are getting so fired up over this when Samsung is in fact copying Apple's designs and the products they ship are utter s**t compared to Apple's. From my perspective Samsung is just flooding the market with garbage hardly anyone seems to care about and most normal people are indifferent about their products going away because they would never buy them anyway.

I will lol very hard if anyone here calls me a big fanboy.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Samsuck. Good riddance.