+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs Highlighted by Wired Magazine

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Steve Jobs Highlighted by Wired Magazine

Apple’s co-founder Steve Jobs seems to be the topic of Wired’s August cover story, as the publication investigates how the tech guru’s management style affects industry leaders.

The title of the featured story is “Am I Steve Jobs” and it offers lessons to be learned by the late Apple CEO’s management style. It tends to heavily refer to samples from Walter Isaacson’s official biography “Steve Jobs,” along with the inclusion of interviews with entrepreneurs and CEOs in the technology industry. Despite having lost the battle with pancreatic cancer in October of 2011, the legacy left by Jobs is still one that heavily impacts the tech community as his innovative and rather aggressive leadership tactics continue to spark discussion.

Walter Isaacson noted that Facebook’s chief Mark Zuckerberg modeled his early management style after Jobs according to a recent interview. Zuckerberg reportedly looked up to Jobs and even had a number of both private and professional interactions with him as Facebook began to turn into a more prominent network in today’s social media. Zuckerberg isn’t the only one though as Jobs’ effective management style continues to influence many in today’s world.

Source: Wired via Business Insider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Oh I hope Steve jobs a kissers don't come here

If you really knew anything about him he had a unique personality and he wasn't perfect sure he was a visionary and helped create the tech world we now know. But As a young adult he was dumb and stupid (we all were) and he still made mistakes in his late years.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post

If you really knew anything about him he had a unique personality and he wasn't perfect sure he was a visionary and helped create the tech world we now know. But As a young adult he was dumb and stupid (we all were) and he still made mistakes in his late years.
    +1

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post

Reading what I have about him he really seemed like a bit of an asshat. Sure he had his hand in a lot of really great ideas but that doesn't mean you can be a douche to people.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

the benefit of reading about successful people is to learn how they overcame their shortcomings, the things they did right. if we put things in perspective, there's much to be gained from the visionary who spearheaded the world's largest tech company.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hank197857 View Post
    the benefit of reading about successful people is to learn how they overcame their shortcomings, the things they did right. if we put things in perspective, there's much to be gained from the visionary who spearheaded the world's largest tech company.
    +1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I agree that all people do mistakes but such biographies are to learn about the good side of such talented people not the bad side
    You can't find someone like Steve jobs frequently

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

Yeah he was an awesome guy and was a really good business man but he was a douche bag and I say that in the most respectful way lol. He wasn't perfect and neither are we

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

A genius...really. That is either a self proclaimed title or people have no idea what a genius really is. Frankly, he was nothing but a douche bag.