+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MacBook Pro With Retina Display Seeing Improved Shipping Times

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default MacBook Pro With Retina Display Seeing Improved Shipping Times

The Retina MacBook Pro is one of the most visually stunning and cutting-edge laptops in today’s market since it’s unveiling. It boasts a 5 million pixel display with more color and contrast with less glare. Alongside its main feature (the Retina display) it comes packed with all-flash storage, long lasting battery life, the Intel Core i7, next-generation Nvidia graphics card, and a number of ports, connections, and audio enhancements. With all that it has to offer, it’s been in hot-demand since its release.

Shipping estimates for the new Retina MacBook Pro orders in Apple’s Asia-Pacific markets saw their first improvements from 3-4 weeks to 2-3 weeks previously. It’s now being noticed that shipping estimates have dropped yet once again to 1-2 weeks (first in the Asia-Pacific markets and then in the American and European stores).

These shipping estimates for the Retina MacBook pro peaked at 3-4 weeks just 36 hours after the models were unveiled at last month’s Worldwide Developer Conference. The shipping estimates remained at that time frame until last week’s drop to 2-3 weeks. The trend of improving shipping estimates continues as the time frame has reduced yet once again.

Availability at other online retailers as well as retail stores has also improved. In many cases these estimates are beating Apple’s online store estimates for stock models. Apple’s online store is still the primary source for customized orders though. All in all, it seems like good news for customers who are interested in purchasing the well-praised Retina MacBook Pro.

Source: MacRumors

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

EMH
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Awesome, I just ordered mine yesterday! Can't wait...

iPhone? More like MyPhone DarkDragonAn's Avatar
    Thanks

I am still thinking in ordering one. I am still mad that is no 17 Macbook Pro.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine finally gets here Wednesday!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That is a shitton of money for a laptop

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

WTF....a 700 dollar difference for 300Mhz and double the SSD? Not only that, but 2500 DOLLARS OR 3200 DOLLARS FOR A LAPTOP!?!? Wow, you people are morons! Apple has some amazing brain washing for the seriously weak minded. MORONS!

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    WTF....a 700 dollar difference for 300Mhz and double the SSD? Not only that, but 2500 DOLLARS OR 3200 DOLLARS FOR A LAPTOP!?!? Wow, you people are morons! Apple has some amazing brain washing for the seriously weak minded. MORONS!
    I wouldn't call them morons, but after seeing it in person I'm glad I saved my money. I also do agree, It is a lot of money for a laptop.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GooseG's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    Of course there is a $700 difference. Do you have any idea how expensive SSD's are?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Rofl...that thing will be a paperweight soon

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dykzeulb View Post
    Rofl...that thing will be a paperweight soon
    It won't be a paperweight, but in less than a year a much better version will be released.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I get that its a mac an all for the price being high... but thats a hell of a big difference in price for just 0.3 ghz........ Thats really not that BIG of a difference. its a little noticable but not drastically noticable like going from a original iphone to a iphone 4s. thats like a upgrade from an iphone 4 to a 4s..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by khassen View Post
    I get that its a mac an all for the price being high... but thats a hell of a big difference in price for just 0.3 ghz........ Thats really not that BIG of a difference. its a little noticable but not drastically noticable like going from a original iphone to a iphone 4s. thats like a upgrade from an iphone 4 to a 4s..

I think it's purposely priced like that to sway most away from it. Keep the production as uniform as possibly to increase efficiency. Sure we will offer optional upgrades for you, but you're definitely going to feel the hit for them. The only thing I upgraded on mine was going for the 16gb ram. With USB 3.0 the 512ssd is more than enough to have built in.

Thanks

LOL... 3199+tax is about what 3300 for a laptop? common man this a bit expensive
    EDM

Green Apple
    Thanks

What store is that? In the US site it shows $2200 and $2800

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raeki View Post
    What store is that? In the US site it shows $2200 and $2800
    Australia

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    I still can't figure out why anyone would buy such an overpriced laptop with specs from 2010....

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Breezer23 View Post
    I still can't figure out why anyone would buy such an overpriced laptop with specs from 2010....
    I didn't know they had 5 million pixels in a screen size like that in 2010.

EMH
    Green Apple
    Thanks

That's odd, I seem to remember ordering a Retina Macbook Pro that included one of Intel's new Core i7's with Ivy Bridge architeture, in other words, the most recent generation of Intel processors. Oh, that's right, it does.

Oh, and the NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M? Definitely an old chip, being released in March of this year. How outdated.

Is the RMBP expensive? Yes. But saying it has specs from 2010 is ignorant.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GooseG's Avatar
    Thanks

You clearly understand nothing about computers. It's not all about clock speed. There are many things that make computers faster than 2010 computers, even though the clock speed is lower. architecture, bus speeds, and RAM clock speeds are a few often overlooked things that make a large difference. Not to mention the massive increase in clock speed on the graphics card. You sir, are one ignorant fellow.