+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iCloud.com Email Addresses Coming With iOS 6

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default iCloud.com Email Addresses Coming With iOS 6

When iOS 6 arrives this fall, it will bring with it the opportunity for iCloud service users to get their own email account ending in iCloud.com.

Word of this development comes Monday as iOS 6 Beta 3 has been seeded to Apple’s developers. The release notes effectively spilled the beans on the new email feature. "icloud.com email addresses are now available for iCloud mail users," the notes read.

"Users signing up for new Apple IDs, or enabling Mail on their iCloud account for the first time, will automatically receive an iCloud email address instead of a me.com email address," the notes add, "iCloud users with me.com addresses that have been used with iOS 6 beta 3 will receive an iCloud email address that matches their me.com address."

Naturally, unless you're a dev installing the Beta, you'll have to wait until iOS 6 drops this fall in order to take advantage of the new iCloud.com email accounts. Nonetheless, Apple is clearly looking to expand its users' entrenchment in all Apple services and platforms.

No word yet on what Apple will do with the .me accounts that are already in existence.

Source: Apple

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yahoo!

Thanks

Don't get me wrong this is all very good and all but somehow *@me.com seems more personal than *@icloud.com...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,401 Times in 2,657 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aidanharris View Post
    Don't get me wrong this is all very good and all but somehow *@me.com seems more personal than *@icloud.com...
    Agree with you!! Prefer @me.com

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,304 Times in 705 Posts

Same here. It's shorter

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

PLUS @me.com is shorter and easier to type! What I liked about me.com and gmail.com is that you do not have to type the @me.com or @gmail.com when you want to log into your email, you just type your id i.e instead of [email protected] I just type dranon then my password. With hotmail you cannot because they also use @live adresses so you had to type the WHOLE thing so the system knows wether you are using live or hotmail.

Thanks

For some reason, these comments remind me of the first world problem meme.

Not trying to troll or anything just an observation.

I do agree with u guys, @me is much better than @icloud.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@mac.com email addresses are still there... our @me.com are not going anywhere

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Try your current @me email but change the @me.com to @icloud.com and use your current password to login. I just tried it and it logged me in.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'm just surprised no ones commented on this being a double post..

Personally if most people can handle writing emails or using idevices I feel like typing iCloud vs me is really no difference considering we get used to it eventually Just like we get used to typing our weird usernames.. And if you can write an email 3 letters shouldn't be tOo much of a hassle

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nice! Cant wait for places to ask for my email so they can see "icloud.com" and be like "OHHHH HE FLYYYYY" and then I'll lift my hands up and back away with a "yeah thats right" look on my face.

Thanks

I'll keep @me. @iCloud. sounds like one of those email services I don't Want to sign up for because it's dumb. (the name not the service). It's dumb and you should feel dumb.

Thanks

What I do not understand is, with Apple adding into iCloud all the features the MobileMe had, why didn't Apple just simply augment the existing MobileMe network, adding the iCloud-specific features, the @icloud.com domain, etc, allowing existing users to carry on as they have while exposing new features where supported? The way Apple approached this whole thing just feels utterly unprofessional. There are many examples out there of new systems directly integrating with the previous one transparently (e.g., old log in still functions, nothing is lost, no need to manually transfer things, etc) where as MobileMe is now gone, leaving old systems with an interface (.mac and .me) that should never have been rendered unusable if this had actually been properly thought out.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Nice! Cant wait for places to ask for my email so they can see "icloud.com" and be like "OHHHH HE FLYYYYY" and then I'll lift my hands up and back away with a "yeah thats right" look on my face.
    Really? I mean really?

👌<<<do you know what that means?

Thanks

No please don't change me.com, it's cool and sounds great. icloud.com sounds dumb.