Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: You Can Make Your Mac Sound Like A Typewriter While You Type With 'Noisy Typer'

Haptic feedback was created, for touch screen devices, to give the user the illusion that they are using a real keyboard. Haptic is supposed to give the user a simulated feel to pressing actual keys on a keyboard. That's why phones with keyboards don't have haptic feedback, that would be unnecessarily redundant.

Edit: woops wrong reply

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Tried it. Didn't like it. I much prefer silent typing on my mac and iphone.

You should really change that to "type of feedback", or "an alternative to haptic feedback". Audio still isn't a type of haptic feedback. You've essential said sound is a type of vibration.
    Haptic is not only limited to "vibrations." It is really anything that can be perceived with the sense of touch and sound is realistically nothing but vibrations.

Your word choice was better than what I had said, though. Kudos.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-15-2012 at 09:35 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,274 Times in 1,393 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Haptic feedback does not only mean "vibrations." It is anything that can be perceived with the sense of touch.

Feeling the keyboard physically and hearing a sound after the fact is not haptic feedback, but I was attempting to make a connection that you are disagreeing with, which is fine. It is essentially the exact opposite.
    I bet the Greeks were talking about Touch-Screen Vibration when they created that word in 500BC! LOL!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Sound is realistically nothing but vibrations.
    Ah ha, touché ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12